cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

I need inside a Mashup that a text box receives data from two different services. How can I do ?

dbologna1
1-Newbie

I need inside a Mashup that a text box receives data from two different services. How can I do ?

HI All,

In a Mashup I need tha 2 different service  put a resunt into the same text box widget.

How cai I do this ?

BR

Dimitri

4 REPLIES 4
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:dbologna1)

Dimitri Bologna

Hi,

In ThingWorx generally one Widget bind with only one service or property at a time. If we try to bind any other service it will loose the previous bindings.

Could you please share your use case so that we can try to find any alternate.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

Hi Dimitri,

As an alternative solution, you could use two textbox widgets arranged in the same position but use the visibility tag (Boolean) to determine which textbox is shown. You would to write a service to determine which of the textboxes you wanted to be visible, based on whether it was the result of Service A or Service B.

regards,

Andy

HI All, in the next figure one example about the question.

the Button PREC and NEXT must do increment or decrement the value of Current Block. The values od currente block are show into the grid. 

The button PREC call SERVICE1 that set the value of current datatime from 01-01-1970 into text-box labeled TimePREC.

The button NEXT call SERVICE2 set the value of current datatime from 01-01-1970 into text-box labeled TimeNEXT.

Using the event ServiceInvocheComplite , at the end of service SERVICE1 or SERVICE2 another service its called.

This service using the value on text-box labeled TimePREC and TimeNEXT to  identify the last button pressed. In this way the service increment or decrement the value od Current Block and get the data value of current block.

Last operation is to  set unvisibile the label and text-box about TimePREC and TimeNEXT

Please let me know if other information, or assistance is needed.

BR

Dimitri

Hi Dimitri,

You can do it for sure with EventsRouter widget. (It is available since 7.4.0 version of ThingWorx).

All you need to do is bind result of Service A to input1 param of this widget and result of Service B to input2 param.

In the output parameter of EventRouter widget you will receive value of the latest invoked service.

Let me know if that was what you were looking for.

Best,

Adam

Top Tags