cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Import issues

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Import issues

When I try to import any extension to Thingworx, this error appears. What's the problem?

Error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The metadata should be immediately under the zip which you are trying to import .I have corrected your attached zip and you can try to import this one (The one which I am attaching in this reply). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you importing the right zip file? Sometime what happens is ,the extension which is downloaded from Marketplace contains zip extension inside the main downloaded zip file .So just verify that the zip which you are trying to import contains a metadata file immediately inside that .

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:mnarang)

Thanks for the answer.

Well, if I'm trying to import such zip (inner or external and with metadata-file in each case) it writes "Extension must have a metadata.xml file", although these folders actually contain metadata-file. So maybe I'm trying to import wrong zip (or wrong kind of archive?) anyway.

For example, there is a zip-file with extension like that. Into which folder should I paste a metadata-file for further importing as archive? Could you suggest, please?

The metadata should be immediately under the zip which you are trying to import .I have corrected your attached zip and you can try to import this one (The one which I am attaching in this reply). 

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:mnarang)

Thanks! It helped.

Top Tags