cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Industrial Connectivity: "failed to add element" error

drieder
15-Moonstone

Industrial Connectivity: "failed to add element" error

Hello Everyone,

so I started to use PTCs Industrial Connectivity. I followed the steps in this guide and I was able to setup a proper connection.

Unfortunately, after some time I get the error: "attempt to add element <element_name> failed".

This error appears for every tag that was bind to a property. But in the beginning everything worked fine and the values were displayed correctly in the properties of the remote thing.

Any ideas how to tackle the problem?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To prevent it from being used in production, the free demo version of Industrial Connectivity stops running after a couple hours. When you manually stop and restart it, everything should start working again

There is a Thumbs Down icon next to your properties when the Industrial Automation trial edition drivers are not connected. The trial edition stops running after 2 hours and must be stopped and restarted.

• Right-click on ThingWorx icon in system tray.Stop_runtime
  • Click Stop Runtime service.
  • Wait a minute for the process to stop, then click Start Runtime service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

To prevent it from being used in production, the free demo version of Industrial Connectivity stops running after a couple hours. When you manually stop and restart it, everything should start working again

There is a Thumbs Down icon next to your properties when the Industrial Automation trial edition drivers are not connected. The trial edition stops running after 2 hours and must be stopped and restarted.

• Right-click on ThingWorx icon in system tray.Stop_runtime
  • Click Stop Runtime service.
  • Wait a minute for the process to stop, then click Start Runtime service.
drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:Rick-Stanley)

Thank you very much! I also just figured out that it might be because of the licensing. 

Top Tags