cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Installation script to install ThingWorx Platform 7.4 on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS

Do1
9-Granite
9-Granite

Installation script to install ThingWorx Platform 7.4 on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS

I have written an installation script to ease the process of installing ThingWorx Platform 7.4 on Ubuntu 14.04LTS

The script can be found here: Installation script to install ThingWorx Platform 7.4 on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS · GitHub

Currently the script supports the following platform versions:

• 7.4 H2
  • 7.4 PostgresSQL

The script also supports installing free LetsEncrypt Signed certificates as part of the install process.

Alternatively, you can also find instruction on installing LetsEncrypt for ThingWorx here: Install a Free SSL Certificate from Let's Encrypt in Thingworx

Please note that this is a work in progress and as and when time permits, I plan to support:

• CentOS / RHEL
  • Previous versions of ThingWorx Platform
  • Other database option like HANA etc.

Any assistance and feedback is always welcome.

12 REPLIES 12
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:Do1)

Thanks! I'll set up a VM and try it out.

Do1
9-Granite
9-Granite

Thanks Craig,

It is a work in progress, so please feel free to add suggestions and correct any bugs.

Do1
9-Granite
9-Granite

I am considering looking at the RHEL version any comments?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Here's an unofficial one for Redhat/Ubuntu (attached at the bottom):

• Minimal download option: The script will look in the working directory for pre-downloaded Java, Tomcat, and (for RHEL and CentOS) PostgreSQL installation files. If the installer detects one of the supported files, the user will be given the option to install with that file and skip the automated download. This feature is limited to specific versions and requires one (or more) of the following files:
    •     jdk-8u92-linux-x64.tar.gz
    •     apache-tomcat-8.0.33.tar.gz
    •     pgdg-redhat94-9.4-3.noarch.rpm
      •     NOTE: This reduces the amount of data downloaded by the script, but does not eliminate it entirely. An active internet connection is still required.
  • Support for existing SSL certificates: If an existing SSL certificate exists and the user wishes to use it instead of automatically generating one with the script, the user can copy the '.keystore' file to the working directory before running the script. During the installation process the user will be prompted with the option to use this keystore file, and will need to provide the keystore password created with the certificate.
    •     NOTE: this script does not support keystore passwords containing the following characters: '!/@\"#$%^&*()_+]

• *Note for Red Hat Enterprise Linux users*
    •     This script was designed to work on servers with an active Red Hat subscription. It has been tested and appears to work on unsubscribed servers if the following applications are installed:
  • Download from Dropbox - installer.zip

this script is great! I made version that works for thingworx 8.2 (attached). Tested on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with GUI. This will install using port 80 instead of 8080 when using -i parameter. also, if you place your license.bin in the working folder it will automatically copy that in before starting thingworx.

installer.sh for twx8.x

thanks again.

ammf
4-Participant
(To:EricS.Wall)

Can you host the file on a different location? I dont have permissions to the PTC sharepoint. Thanks

rochaa
6-Contributor
(To:EricS.Wall)

Nice, thanks for sharing, do you think this will work in Ubuntu 16.04 as is?

posipova
20-Turquoise
qngo
5-Regular Member
Leigh
Community Manager
(To:qngo)

@qngo  I have corrected the relative link.  Please try again and advise, Thanks, Leigh

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:Leigh)

Thank you, it works

Top Tags