Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interruptions of the data acquisition through protocol mqtt

Highlighted

Interruptions of the data acquisition through protocol mqtt

Hi All,

I have build a Thing A defined by Thing Template B

Thing template B is defined using by base Thing Template MQTT and implemented shape that defined some properties TSP.

I defined the property JSON MqttPacket into Thing B and I configurated the broker mqtt into Configuration of Thing B

(see below some information).

Everything works well for a long time, but sometimes I find the idle service (the value of isConnect is False). In this case , without any change, I save the Thing and the

connection to Mqtt Broker activates. In the following picture the communication on Mqqt Broker is active by the hours 2017-05-23 23:41:08:90 but before it was not active.

Are there a problems on my model or in my configuration ?

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Interruptions of the data acquisition through protocol mqtt

Dimitri, are you seeing any errors/warnings around that time in the application log or anything on the MQTT broker?

Hi Sushan,

I found when the communcation to the broker was inactive , last packet received specify the time 23 May 13:51:20.

I tried to find a error  or warning on Thingworx monitoring about that  time, but I'm  found only TRACE or INFO without referenced to Mqtt.

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

Sushan, please one question :  Is the structure of the model corrected?

Hi Dimitri, from the explanation above around the setup it looks okay to me. When you edit and save the thing I believe it'll re-initiate the connection so that would explain why you immediately get new lastConnected time/date. Does this interruption leads to data not being updated in Thing A's property? Could you please share the Property definition for Thing A from the Composer?

Hi Sushand,

*Does this interruption leads to data not being updated in Thing A's property?

Yes, the interruption did not allowed to save some information that which should be saved on stream.

*Could you please share the Property definition for Thing A from the Composer?

In the following figure the properties of Thing A, the property MqqtPacket is the property populated from Mqtt Broker

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________