cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is it possible to use Font Awesome icons without the widget?

Timo697
12-Amethyst

Is it possible to use Font Awesome icons without the widget?

I've been using the Font Awesome widget, but it only works for v4 icons.  I'm not familiar enough with widget programming to update the widget.  Also, I don't see the Font Awesome widget in the marketplace anymore.

Or, is there a way of incorporating Font Awesome icons without the widget?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Timo697)

Hi @Timo697.

The Font Awesome extension has in fact been removed from the Marketplace.  There are no known plans to replace it.

However, you can request this functionality by posting a suggestion on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will allow others to vote for it which will improve it's chances of being considered for a future release of the product.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Timo697.

Without the knowledge to develop your own widget, you may reach out to our Sales team for engaging with a member of our professional services team.  They can assess your needs and walk you through the development process, or simply the develop the extension per your requirements.

If that is not an option for you, another community member may be able to provide an extension that meets your needs.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Timo697.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for participating in our community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Timo697
12-Amethyst

I used to be able to find the Font Awesome widget in the Marketplace.  If memory serves, it was developed by ThingWorx Labs.  That is why I asked if ThingWorx is now able to use the Font Awesome icons without the widget.  And, if not, is there a replacement planned?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Timo697.

The Font Awesome extension has in fact been removed from the Marketplace.  There are no known plans to replace it.

However, you can request this functionality by posting a suggestion on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will allow others to vote for it which will improve it's chances of being considered for a future release of the product.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Timo697.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags