cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there any Form Widget for creating forms in thingworx?

KB_10564916
5-Regular Member

i want to  create a form with multiple rows and columns as shown  in the file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:KB_10564916)

Hello,

You might be able to do it using custom CSS, but it is probably not recommended.

It is likely that creating your own Form widget would be the best option going forward.

There seems to be some libraries for it already, although perhaps not for free.

Regards,

Jens

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

I don't recall seeing a widget like this.

What is your use case here? Do you want the user to fill out this form in a mashup?

Or do you want this form to be printed with some data from Thingworx in the form?

Or do you just want to let users print this form?

Regards,

Jens

KB_10564916
5-Regular Member
(To:jensc)

I want the user  to fill out this form in a mashup.

KB_10564916
5-Regular Member

How can i approach to create a form like this? how can i took inputs from the users?

KB_10564916
5-Regular Member

yes,i want the user to fill out this form in a mashup.how can i create form like multiple rows and columns for taking inputs from the users?

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

In case you don't want to develop your own widget for this, you would have to build your mashup in such a way that it looks like a form.

Perhaps you could use a grid where you could have a data set of rows of the rows you want your users to add data to.

Something like this:

jensc_0-1683619682213.png

Or possibly, if the form is static, you could upload it as an image and put input fields on top of the image.

But perhaps someone else knows about some custom built widget that does this...

Regards,

Jens

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @KB_10564916.

Beyond the options already suggested, you could also create your app outside of ThingWorx which would give you more control and then update the appropriate fields in ThingWorx on submit.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @KB_10564916 

I second @jensc 's approach and I can add that you can just position widgets to make the input mashup to look as much as possible to the form.

You have a variety of ways to do this, you can either create several horizontal containers, or use a collection widget with specific mashups for each row etc...

Forms like this have been built by many users of the platform, and it's doable.

What's your expertise with the ThingWorx mashups as of now?

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

You might be able to do it using custom CSS, but it is probably not recommended.

It is likely that creating your own Form widget would be the best option going forward.

There seems to be some libraries for it already, although perhaps not for free.

Regards,

Jens

Top Tags