cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is there life cycle management for the persistent data in Thingworx ?

seanccc
17-Peridot

Is there life cycle management for the persistent data in Thingworx ?

Hi, 

I got the requirement from a customer: 

"The data stored for query remain 3 months,  then the data is regarded as "cold data" , user can still query it , but the data should be moved(not removed) to somewhere, like archive database or data warehouse. So that the "cold data" doesn't affect the query performance. "

This is something like life circle management of data and it's necessary for the time-series data I think , like value stream or stream. 

Does thingworx supports it natively ?  I mean the the archive database and archive strategy can be specified during deployment and developers don't need to care about querying data query from archive database or live database. 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:seanccc)

there is no OOTB archive functionality.

So you would need to create this capability.

probably create a separate data store (external DB separate persistence provider)

and create a separate set of services etc. to handle 'live' short term data vs. the historical data.

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:PaiChung)

Hi PaiChung, Thank you for the hint. Is there any guide or sample for creating a new external DB separate persistence provider ? Regards, Sean
Top Tags