cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Issues in Establishing connection between ThingWorx foundation and ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity

cgoma
12-Amethyst

Issues in Establishing connection between ThingWorx foundation and ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity

I have installed thingworx foundation downloadable trial version one machine and thingworx industrial connectivity on another machine.

I am following below guide while establishing connection between thingworx foundation and thingworx industrial connectivity

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/thingworx-industrial-connectivity-guide

This guide assumes that you are utilizing the hosted Foundation server in combination with the downloadable Industrial Connectivity. It also mention that some instruction requires modification in case of "downloadable Foundation trial".

In my case the above mentioned guide does not work. I am not sure what are the steps which required modification in case of hosted foundation server.

Please let me know if any one had tried the same for hosted Foundation server.

I am also attaching the connection settings for thingworx industrial connectivity and error I am getting while establishing connection between foundation and industrial connectivity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:cgoma)

Hello cgoma,

Thank you for reaching out on the ThingWorx  Developers Community.

I see you are trying to connect your ThingWorx Platform instance to ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity. I would firstly recommend taking a look at the following article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS279234

This provides a very straightforward way to get ThingWorx connected with ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity. Please follow Approach 2 under Step 2 and Approach 2 under Step 4. These techniques provide the best example of how each Thing entity interacts with ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity.

If you proceed with the above article and are still unable to get this functioning please provide me with the exact error(s) you are seeing in the ThingWorx Composer or ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity UI.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:cgoma)

Hello cgoma,

Thank you for reaching out on the ThingWorx  Developers Community.

I see you are trying to connect your ThingWorx Platform instance to ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity. I would firstly recommend taking a look at the following article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS279234

This provides a very straightforward way to get ThingWorx connected with ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity. Please follow Approach 2 under Step 2 and Approach 2 under Step 4. These techniques provide the best example of how each Thing entity interacts with ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity.

If you proceed with the above article and are still unable to get this functioning please provide me with the exact error(s) you are seeing in the ThingWorx Composer or ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity UI.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

Top Tags