cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Issues while connecting azure iot hub and thingworx

cgoma
12-Amethyst

Issues while connecting azure iot hub and thingworx

I am following the resource guide

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/azure-iot-hub-connector-quickstart

to connect between azure iothub and thingworx.

I am using the setup as follow, I have connection server and the thingworx foundation install on the same machine.

I have edited the config file of connection for azure as well as thingworx foundation. I have added the appKey and thingworx host and port in "transport.websockets" section

transport.websockets {
// ThingWorx platform application key
app-key = "0d277e85-944d-4e85-8ec6-2c16a903c74e"

// One or more platforms can be specified here, comma separated
platforms = "ws://192.168.43.77:8080/Thingworx/WS"
}

But when I am running the connection server using the precompiled I am getting the error as shown in screenshot

twx-conn-server-error.png

Please let me know if running connection server and twx foundation on same machine is causing this issue.

Let me know if someone faced similar type of issue.

16 REPLIES 16
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:cgoma)

Hi @cgoma.

Please provide the azure-iot.conf file for further review.  You can mask any sensitive data.

Regards.

--Sharon

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Thanks for your reply.

Please find attached azure-iot.conf file for your reference.

Hi @cgoma 

We are able to connect between TWX an Azure, but we are using TWX 8.5 and IoT hub connector 3.0.

Configuration method is different for IoT hub 2.0 & 3.0.  It will be helpful if you share cxserver log file also.

Regards,

VR

Ok, that is clear now. Thank you for your answer. 

happy wheels

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:Velkumar)

@Velkumar 

Sorry for late reply as I was on vacation for a week.

Please find the attached connection server log file.

Hi @cgoma 

I can see Application key error in log file, so please check your application key and expiry date as suggested by @Constantine 

/VR

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:Velkumar)

@Velkumar 

I didnot find any issues with application key. The expiry date is also fine.

Still I am not able to resolve this issue.

@cgoma You'll get the same error if the app key does not exist, double-check if it is correct.

/ Constantine

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:Constantine)

@Constantine 

I did not find any issue with the application key. I double checked it and I had used the multiple application key.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

Have you found a solution to your Azure IoT Hub connectivity issue?  If one of the previous responses helped you to resolve it, please mark the appropriate post as the Accepted Solution.  If you found a different solution, please feel free to post it in a new reply and mark that as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

Please lt us know if you have resolved your issue.  If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

cgoma
12-Amethyst

This issue is not solved yet.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

I have removed the solution.  At this point, it would probably be best to open a case.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf once you provide the account name and relevant email address.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

From your duplicate post, we noticed that you were trying to run version 3.0.0 of the Azure IoT Hub extension on ThingWorx 8.4.  These versions are not compatible.  Your previous screenshots in this thread, however, indicates 2.0.0.  Please clarify which configuration you are having issues with.

It might be easier to work through the issue via WebEx.  For that, we will need to open a case.  I'll be happy to open one on your behalf once you provide your PTC Support contact info.

Regards.

--Sharon

cgoma
12-Amethyst

@slangley 

I am trying to use azure IoT hub connector 2.0.0 with ThingWorx 8.4 on Ubuntu.

But the issuse that my ThingWorx 8.4 works when Java OpenJdk is installed.

Also for azure IoT hub connector only java oracle. There is clear mentioned that azure IoT hub connector wont work with Java OpenJDK. Also when I am trying to use thingworx 8.4 with oracle java, thingworx is not working properly.  I am getting attached error log when using thingowrx8.4 and oracle java.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

Which version of java are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags