cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Java SDK Questions

wshih
6-Contributor

Java SDK Questions

Hi All:

I used Java SDK to connect to ThingWorx.

But I always got a error message.

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Timed out APIRequestMessage [requestId: 5, endpointId: 0, sessionId: 20, method: PUT, entityName: anomalytest02, characteristic: Properties, target: *]
	at com.thingworx.communications.common.endpoints.CommunicationEndpoint.sendRequest(CommunicationEndpoint.java:533)
	at com.thingworx.communications.common.endpoints.CommunicationEndpoint.sendRequest(CommunicationEndpoint.java:496)
	at com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.sendRequest(BaseClient.java:1076)
	at com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.writeProperties(BaseClient.java:533)
	at com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.writeProperty(BaseClient.java:474)
	at com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.writeProperty(BaseClient.java:446)
	at org.lsa.TwxSimulator.SimpleThingClient.main(SimpleThingClient.java:110)

I used PTC's simple code.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:wshih)

Hello. Thanks for posting in the Community.

That timeout error may indicate: 

• There may be some hardware or software issues which may cause the edge devices response time bigger than the allowed time in ThingWorx
  • ThingWorx will throws timeout error although edge devices are trying to response in a longer time

What you might try doing is:

• Go to Subsystems > WSCommunicationsSubsystem > Configuration
  • Set Amount of time a request will wait for the response message before timing out (secs) (30 secs by default) to be a larger value

Let us know if changing the timeout value makes any difference.

Thank you,

-- Craig A.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:wshih)

Hello. Thanks for posting in the Community.

That timeout error may indicate: 

• There may be some hardware or software issues which may cause the edge devices response time bigger than the allowed time in ThingWorx
  • ThingWorx will throws timeout error although edge devices are trying to response in a longer time

What you might try doing is:

• Go to Subsystems > WSCommunicationsSubsystem > Configuration
  • Set Amount of time a request will wait for the response message before timing out (secs) (30 secs by default) to be a larger value

Let us know if changing the timeout value makes any difference.

Thank you,

-- Craig A.

wshih
6-Contributor
(To:CRArko)

Thank you.

I added more resource for hardware and I thought it solved the problems.

But I have a question.

I usually use the http to send or get data for ThingWorx.

Sometime 1 second has 1 ~ 3 requests into ThingWorx

The ThingWorx work well.

Now, I try to build a remote thing to do that.

It's sometime failed. 

Does remote thing need more recourse?

Hi,

Is the ThingWorx hosting Operating System following the Minimum HW System Requirements at the moment?

wshih
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirRosu)

Oops, It's not follow the server requirements before.

But now, I change it.

Thanks,

Top Tags