cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Java sdk : EnableThing and RestartThing services not behaving correctly

vaishnavee
12-Amethyst

Java sdk : EnableThing and RestartThing services not behaving correctly

Hi,

I am using the Java sdk to connect to the TW server via ConnectedThingsClient. I need to dynamically create Things, and add properties to them. For this I'm doing -

client.invokeService(Resources, "EntityServices", "CreateThing", inputCollection, 3000);
client.invokeService(Things, "EnableThing", "<thingName>", new Vc(), 3000);
client.invokeService(Things, "RestartThing", "<thingName>", new Vc(), 3000); 

The enableThing  service call returns an infotable with row containing enabled = false. Even after the restart call, the thing is still disabled. I have tried to restart the client connection in between 2nd and 3rd invoke call.

If I do the same set of actions via REST apis, for the same credentials, it works. 

What might be going wrong with the java calls? Any pointers will be appreciated!

Regards,

Vaishnavee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There was some mistake while passing the service name to the invokeService call. I had assigned wrong service name to the varibles instead of EnableThing.

Dropping this issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Can you try to wrap EntityServices + EnableThing + RestartThing in a single platform service (with proper exception handling) and invoke this service from Java Edge SDK ?

Regards.

Thank you for the reply @smainente , i just posted an update;  apparently i had mis-initialized the variables. 

There was some mistake while passing the service name to the invokeService call. I had assigned wrong service name to the varibles instead of EnableThing.

Dropping this issue.

Announcements

Top Tags