cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Kepware bad quality data not being sent to ThingWorx

MSK
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

Kepware bad quality data not being sent to ThingWorx

Hi,

ThingWorx cannot read the bad quality data from Kepware?

Thanks

Hema

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MSK 

Just adding some extra info from @NERaj,

In KepServerEx, the Tag address becomes a bad quality in the following scenarios:

1. When the connection with PLC or end client is disconnected
  2. When there is a connectivity issue in terms of the IP of the Device or the KepServerEX

When there is bad quality, no data will be received by KepServerEx. Therefore, it will not be sending any data to Thingworx. The quality of the signals in the Thingworx will also be in the Bad Quality. If you have bonded to the Remote thing, you can write a logic to check which Signal is down.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:MSK)

How did you determine this? Any data that is actually read and triggers a transmission in kepware should arrive in ThingWorx with said quality.

MSK
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Hi,

In kepware we used to see data with good/bad quality.  For good we are receiving the data from Kepware to ThingWorx but for bad quality we are not receiving, is this an expected behavior.  some the tag values are not changing rather timestamp is changing,  Is that possible to take timestamp values?

Thanks

Hem

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Not 100% sure what you are asking.

However if you set datachange to 'always' you would always trigger a datachange event when a value is updated even if the value stays the same (but only the timestamp changes)

I was under the impression that all value changes (good bad unknown) should be transmitted though.

You may need to file a support ticket.

NERaj
13-Aquamarine

Indeed, this is the anticipated behavior. Low-quality data will not be received within ThingWorx. Depending on data change properties like 'Always/Value,' the value will then be stored in the designated value stream.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @MSK.

If you are still having issues and have not already opened a ticket, please let us know and we can open a ticket on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

MSK
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Thanks for the information.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @MSK.

Were you able to resolve your issue?  If so, please share your solution with the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @MSK 

Just adding some extra info from @NERaj,

In KepServerEx, the Tag address becomes a bad quality in the following scenarios:

1. When the connection with PLC or end client is disconnected
  2. When there is a connectivity issue in terms of the IP of the Device or the KepServerEX

When there is bad quality, no data will be received by KepServerEx. Therefore, it will not be sending any data to Thingworx. The quality of the signals in the Thingworx will also be in the Bad Quality. If you have bonded to the Remote thing, you can write a logic to check which Signal is down.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
DH_9170547
1-Newbie

i can solve this issue by create tag to capture bad quality connection. For example

tag A = bad quality address

bad quality by my experience sometimes creating value 4,8,24.

good quality will always send value 192

Thanks

Dedy

Hi @DH_9170547 ,

I usually get all the Kepware Signals from HMI(Boolean, SHORT,.. ), the bad signal that you are mentioning, needs to be created manually. or how?

Thanks

Shashi Preetham
MSK
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:pshashipreetham)

Thanks Shashi

Top Tags