cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

License generation file issue in upgrading to 8.2

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

License generation file issue in upgrading to 8.2

Hi,

I was upgrading the license of 8.2 in a machine as it was expired. When I generated a new license and replaced it in Platform folder, it got ignored. After multiple attempts, the licensing was not successful. I formatted the whole installation and re installed ThingWorx 8.2 and when I tried to put the license , keyword password was generated but license request file was not generated. 

How can I resolve this? I have attached the application log.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

There are a couple of things to note about ThingWorx licensing:

• In some situations, the license being renamed to ignored_license_capability_response.bin is expected.  This can mean that the file contains no changes to the information contained in trusted storage on the computer.  But, one would expect the expiration dates to have changed which would have required an updated file.  Did you generate the license more than once?  At the time you were seeing this behavior, were you able to login to Composer and function?  If so, there was nothing further that needed to be done.
  • Now that you have removed and reinstalled the product, the licenseRequestFile.txt will not get regenerated due to the fact that the trusted storage has already been updated.  You can find the Device ID by checking the ApplicationLog.log (it's on row 2841 of the log you provided) in order to generate a new license.

Now that you know where to look for the Device ID, please generate a new license file and let us know if you still have issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

There are a couple of things to note about ThingWorx licensing:

• In some situations, the license being renamed to ignored_license_capability_response.bin is expected.  This can mean that the file contains no changes to the information contained in trusted storage on the computer.  But, one would expect the expiration dates to have changed which would have required an updated file.  Did you generate the license more than once?  At the time you were seeing this behavior, were you able to login to Composer and function?  If so, there was nothing further that needed to be done.
  • Now that you have removed and reinstalled the product, the licenseRequestFile.txt will not get regenerated due to the fact that the trusted storage has already been updated.  You can find the Device ID by checking the ApplicationLog.log (it's on row 2841 of the log you provided) in order to generate a new license.

Now that you know where to look for the Device ID, please generate a new license file and let us know if you still have issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @svisveswaraiya- 

If the previous response answered your questions, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.  If you are still having issues, please provide answers to the questions in the previous post so we can assist further.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags