cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Line Chart plus QueryImplementedThingsWithData

GuiRosa
4-Participant

Line Chart plus QueryImplementedThingsWithData

I have a thing template that all my sensors are implemented with. it has properties timestamp and temperature, and both are being logged. 

I want to be able to show the temperatures from all my sensors implemented with this template on a line chart. So series1 would be temperature from sensor1, series2 would be the temperature from sensor2 and so on. 

Is it possible?

BR

3 REPLIES 3
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:GuiRosa)

@GuiRosa 

I believe Line chart works with single property which can have info table with n numbers of columns. As per your use case you have different properties for different sensors right?

Is it possible to consolidate all data in a single infotable?

Regards,

Mohit 

yhan
17-Peridot
(To:GuiRosa)

I guess the temperature is defined as a value stream with a timestamp, am I right?

If so, you can bind different data sources into a Time series chart with following steps:

1. Create a service(like GetTimeseriesDataForProperty) in the template (refer the article CS234427), so it will be inherited by all implemented things;

2. Add ' GetTimeseriesDataForProperty service from the implemented things into a Mashup;

3. Add Time series chart widget, and uncheck "SingleDataSource" on the chart property side;

4. Dragging all data from the service of the thing to the chart one by one and it will display options for a binding target like (DataSource1, Datasource2...) .Just bind different data sets by these options This will give you options for selecting properties for different data sources(DataField1, DataField2 for different sources ).

Then you can see the temperature curve over time from all implemented things you added display in the same chart.

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:yhan)

@GuiRosa 

If you feel @yhan response is solution of your question, please mark this thread accept as solution for the benefit of other community users.

Regards,

Mohit

Announcements

Top Tags