cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Line chart without Datashape

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Line chart without Datashape

There is use case, where Line chart need to be populated based on the INFOTABLE output only, without any Datashape, as known, Without Datashape DataFields in the Line chart can't be selected and data will not be visible on the Mashup.

psp316r_0-1649683693688.png
is there any way, where datashape is not required to populate the data in the Line chart  ?
Thingworx version: 9.3

@c_lowy @slangley @CarlesColl @paic @VladimirN 

Thanks,
Shashi.

Shashi Preetham,
Email: psp316r@outlook.com,
Mobile: +91 8099838001.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found the solution, 

So Line chart can populate without using a DataShape with the following Widget Configuration:

Shashi_Preetham_0-1657909995025.png

1. Create a Service(in my case, based on the inputs given, the Output Infotable Columns/Fileds varies from 3-10)
  2. The output of the service should be an InfoTable without any DataShape
  3. Connect the service to the line chart, and it automatically populates the Data
  4. If the Legend Filter is enabled, then Legend Filters are also populated

Thingworx version: 9.3.2

Note: Max Number of fields that the line chart can populate is 24 or 25

Thanks,
Shashi.

Shashi Preetham,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:pshashipreetham)

To my knowledge this isn't possible. What is the use case here? Isn't it possible to just map the dynamic data to an generic data shape? So you can set a column for each data field which may or may not contains data.

Hi @DanZ ,

The Number of Data Fields will be less or more sometime, therefore need without the datashape.

Thanks,
Shashi.

Shashi Preetham,
DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:pshashipreetham)

The chart widget supports max 8(?) data fields/columns, so you are limited by that. I would create a service that will be bound to the chart widget. This service has a infotable result with a generic 8 columns datashape (and any other informations that you need). This services retrieves the actual data and populates at least one or all eight of the columns.

I admit, I do not know how the chart widget handles empty data fields. Best case: They just aren't displayed.

Found the solution, 

So Line chart can populate without using a DataShape with the following Widget Configuration:

Shashi_Preetham_0-1657909995025.png

1. Create a Service(in my case, based on the inputs given, the Output Infotable Columns/Fileds varies from 3-10)
  2. The output of the service should be an InfoTable without any DataShape
  3. Connect the service to the line chart, and it automatically populates the Data
  4. If the Legend Filter is enabled, then Legend Filters are also populated

Thingworx version: 9.3.2

Note: Max Number of fields that the line chart can populate is 24 or 25

Thanks,
Shashi.

Shashi Preetham,

Hi how do You select x field ? All my variables are numéric i'm not sure how to select the x field without datashape 

Top Tags