cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Local bindings on properties

vijay5
10-Marble

Local bindings on properties

Hello Team,

Can you please brief on the purpose and and working of local bindings on properties

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The properties are kept in separate Thing Entities, but certain properties are meaningful for other entities as well.

So to keep a record of the properties I need, I would create several properties in my Thing, and local-binding them to the properties I need from other Things, or else I need to write services to extract value from elsewhere with code { my.value = Thing["Other_Entity"].value ; } and keep them triggered on every valuechange events.

Creating a local variable and bind it to a global variable is very common in coding, and in TWX syntax, I have a remote Thing receiving data from some end devices, and I created a separate Thing, inheriting the properties from this remote Thing, and write some extra functions on it could also be very common.  The Local-binding is just a value reference, it's not a big deal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The properties are kept in separate Thing Entities, but certain properties are meaningful for other entities as well.

So to keep a record of the properties I need, I would create several properties in my Thing, and local-binding them to the properties I need from other Things, or else I need to write services to extract value from elsewhere with code { my.value = Thing["Other_Entity"].value ; } and keep them triggered on every valuechange events.

Creating a local variable and bind it to a global variable is very common in coding, and in TWX syntax, I have a remote Thing receiving data from some end devices, and I created a separate Thing, inheriting the properties from this remote Thing, and write some extra functions on it could also be very common.  The Local-binding is just a value reference, it's not a big deal.

vijay5
10-Marble
(To:zyuan1)

Thanks, Got it

Ok, and you can mark the previous answer as correct and close this thread

Top Tags