cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Location of fileupload widget on version 9.0+

George_B
8-Gravel

Location of fileupload widget on version 9.0+

I want to add an additional event to the fileupload widget but our backend support team have been able to locate the existing fileupload files. They found the deprecated dndfileupload files but not the current widget files. Does anybody know where the files are located on version 9.0+? Just want to add an event for when upload starts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mukul
13-Aquamarine
(To:George_B)

As I can see file upload is not a web component-based widget in ThingWorx 9.0. You have two options, either you can create an entirely new custom widget based on your need or if you have an older version of Thingworx deployed folder, there you can check widget code(JS files) and take a reference from there to add your event on top of that(change the widget name). In both cases, I believe that will not be supported by PTC ThingWorx support(considering it will be treated as custom development). I am not exactly sure in which exact ThingWorx older build the JS files were exposed but it was there for sure in older versions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @George_B ,

You can check under the thingworx storage there is repository folder and file will be uploaded to the repository which you are selecting while uploading.

for ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxFoundation\ThingworxStorage\repository\

Let me know if it doesn't asnwer and please share some screenshots if possible.

Regards

Bhawna

Mukul
13-Aquamarine

if you are looking for widget code(runtime.js/ide.js etc), it is not exposed in the latest ThingWorx versions(9.0+).  If you are looking for something else, then please elaborate. 

George_B
8-Gravel
(To:Mukul)

Mukul, If the widgets are not exposed in versions above 9.0 does this mean you are no longer able to modify an existing widget using Eclipse? I want to be able to provde a trigger from the fileupload widget for when the upload is started. Is there another way to accomplish this? 

George_B
8-Gravel

Mukul, how do you get the source code for the filepload widget so that a custom widget can be created based upon it? I want to add functionality so that when the upload is started I can trigger a a service. If there is another way to trigger a service when a file upload startes please let me know. The widget has triggers for Upload Success and Upload Failure but none for Upload begin. 

Mukul
13-Aquamarine

As I can see file upload is not a web component-based widget in ThingWorx 9.0. You have two options, either you can create an entirely new custom widget based on your need or if you have an older version of Thingworx deployed folder, there you can check widget code(JS files) and take a reference from there to add your event on top of that(change the widget name). In both cases, I believe that will not be supported by PTC ThingWorx support(considering it will be treated as custom development). I am not exactly sure in which exact ThingWorx older build the JS files were exposed but it was there for sure in older versions.

George_B
8-Gravel

Not the answer I had hoped for but Thank you. 

Top Tags