cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Logging unchanging property values

leoRW
7-Bedrock

Logging unchanging property values

I am logging through valuestream (influxdb as persistence provider) a temperature profile and its set point. I noticed that, while the actual temperature profile (changing values continuously) is correctly logged and the data is stored, the temperature set point (changing only every minute or so) is logged only when a change in value occurs.

I have tried to thick the boxes for "PushType: always pushed" and "Data change type: always", but I have the same issue.

I would simply like to log a value every 1 second, as specified in the scan rate, no matter if the value has changed since the previous point or not.

Any idea why this could be happening, or how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:leoRW)

The valueStream only logs data when property changes, and that's how it worked.  Since you have request for logging stable data at fixed time interval, you can use Stream instead.  And it also goes to InfluxDB.

leoRW
7-Bedrock
(To:zyuan1)

I have tried using a remote stream (attached to my value stream in order to establish the InxluxDb as persistence provider) but no success. Data is sent to influx correctly, but still only logged on value change.

zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:leoRW)

Hi, since you have mentioned that you need to log the unchanged property regularly, so in a Stream, you should use the Timer to trigger the Add...Stream service, or you should use the valuechange event of another property that changes a lot. The Stream should have a datashape that contains both of the properties.

Top Tags