cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

MQTT and Thing subscription

juancmaldo
6-Contributor

MQTT and Thing subscription

Hi all,

I create a thing and use MQTT to receive data. The Connection is true.

I create a property to receive the information, but only when i click Refresh Properties i can see the info received, How can autorefresh this property without click Refresh Properties.

Then i create a subscription that save message received in other property, and doesn´t work, maybe doesn't detect that Property "Prueba" changed,

Please i need help.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @juancmaldo

You cannot autorefresh this page. It was design just for preview purposes, so it has no ability to refresh it automatically. You can bind this data in mashup and see it with autorefresh there.

If you want to save message from one property to another one I can propose local-binding. It is code-less solution for your problem:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/ThingWorx/Help/Composer/Things/ThingProperties/ManagePropertyBindings.html#

Check if your property has DataChange defined as "Value" or "Always". If it is "Never" it will not trigger a DataChange event.

Best,

Adam

Top Tags