cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mail server stopped sending email

xotzHelper
11-Garnet

Mail server stopped sending email

Hi, i had a mail server running fine, and today it decided to throw this error:

Error sending email due to [535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at_535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials f13sm7504895ejb.81 - gsmtp_].The last server response was [535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at_535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials f13sm7504895ejb.81 - gsmtp_] with return code [535].The error originated on host [c0c4f847d097].

Help please. Everything is configured as it should and i double checked everything.

13 REPLIES 13
odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:xotzHelper)

Hello @xotzHelper

If you are using gmail as your mail server ,can you please cross check whether you are using 2 step verification?.

If not please check that you had allowed less secure apps to access your account.

I hope you haven't changed your password on gmail .

Thanks

om dukiya

Hi !

No 2 step verification and i allow less secure apps.

I changed the password but i also changed it on mail server... is it a problem ?

Thanks @odukiya 

What kind of authentication do you use? Something based on App Passwords, or your real user and password?

real user and password.

In this case: have you double checked if "Less Secure Apps" is still enabled for your account?

Google has a habit of turning that Off automatically if the account's not used.

I would suggest switching to 2 factor authentication and using an App Password anyway, as a best security practice.

it's enabled ! this was out of the blue !

OK, maybe a last thing to suggest, sorry if it's not very wise.

Can you reset the password again on the email server (Google) and then Copy/Paste it into ThingWorx?

Maybe there was a small typo somehow when you set it in one of the systems (either ThingWorx or the email server).

I did even better ! i created a new email from other SMTP provider, it didn't work and presented the same error.

I can't comment on the other SMTP provider, but I found these two threads when looking if other people experienced the same issue:

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/40210887?hl=en

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/5621336?hl=en

Both of them seem to include people who had issues out of a sudden. Most of the comments are pretty basic, but pay attention because there are some valuable comments there - from the fact that Google's SMTP password change mechanism takes effect very slow to the fact that you might need to check your security settings in Google to verify that activity really belongs to you.

@VladimirRosu @odukiya 

You know, something similiar to this problem appear a while back. when you first enter the mail extension config it saves and doesn't change them, it happen to me with the port of SMTP and i belive it is happening now but with the password field. Back then what i did was enter a empty field. Now i cannot do that because thingworx uses HASH.

Correct me if i'm wrong, and this is just a theory.

odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @xotzHelper

Might be you can try Two steps verification .

And you can reset the password as mentioned earlier  and re-enter your Gmail account information or completely repeat your Gmail account setup on thingworx side again.

Thanks

Om Dukiya

Hi, i also get this error: Error executing service recognizeUser. Message :: Unable to send error email for logged incident - See Script Error Log for more details.

@odukiya Thank you

odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @xotzHelper 

If your issue still persists I suggest you to please check for firewall settings. Recently I have gone through the same errors and come to know that it was causing due to firewall and network settings.

Thanks

Top Tags