cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mashup conversion from static to responsive

Willie
16-Pearl

Mashup conversion from static to responsive

Is there a way to convert a static mashup to a responsive mashup (advanced)?

It would be nice if this is possible since I don't want to start all over and bind the services to the widgets and also set up all the validators.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @slangley ,

It seems that I had mashups (static/responsive) mixed up with layouts and panels.

I didn't know I was using a responsive mashup.  In this responsive mashup, I had a panel in panel to create static dimensions.  I removed the panels and replaced them with layouts so that the widgets would work with any screen resolution.

Now I understand that a static mashup requires height and width dimensions and a responsive mashup does not since it is dynamic.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Willie
16-Pearl
(To:Willie)

Answer: Not possible as of 5/2018

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS286115

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Willie)

Hi @Willie.

You can copy/paste between mashups but of course, this will not carry over the bindings.  Which version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley,

I was able to work around it by using layouts.  I was only using panels initially.  I am on 8.4.5.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Willie.

Did we not understand your question initially?  We thought you were asking how to convert a static layout to a responsive one.  How does using layouts help with the conversion?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley ,

It seems that I had mashups (static/responsive) mixed up with layouts and panels.

I didn't know I was using a responsive mashup.  In this responsive mashup, I had a panel in panel to create static dimensions.  I removed the panels and replaced them with layouts so that the widgets would work with any screen resolution.

Now I understand that a static mashup requires height and width dimensions and a responsive mashup does not since it is dynamic.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Willie.

If you have no remaining questions, it would be appreciated if you marked your last post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags