cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Multi-tenancy Guidance

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Multi-tenancy Guidance

I need to control access to units based on organization and also level in the organization.  I saw the discussion Multiples organizations but same users which was helpful, but I was wondering if anyone could share some examples on how to setup this network of access.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry it's Everyone Organization, usually it's assigned at Collection level on a standard TW installation.

Sense nom.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Paul,

On our Multi-Tenancy solution we use one different Organization object for each Tenancy.

Best Regards,

Hi Carles,

I am trying to hide assets from different divisions of the same organization.

I am starting small.  I created a single organization with two sub units. 

I created two users and two things.

Thing1User and Thing2User

Thing1 and Thing2

I gave Thing1User visibility access to Thing1

I gave Thing2User visibility access to Thing2

I use the service getImplementingThings() to populate a grid.  I logged in as Thing1User. When the grid loads I can see both Thing1 and Thing2 even though Thing1User does not have visibility access to Thing2.

I was thinking that Thing2 wouldn't show up because Thing1User doesn't have visibility access to it.  Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Take care of Everybody special group, and remove from everywhere, it maybe what happens to you.

Sorry it's Everyone Organization, usually it's assigned at Collection level on a standard TW installation.

Sense nom.png

Hi Carles, this is what I was missing.  Thanks for the help!

Announcements

Top Tags