cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

.NET SDK examples-File watcher

byutz
1-Newbie

.NET SDK examples-File watcher

Hello Everyone!

I have been working with the .NET SDK and can't seem to find any examples of File Watching and was curious if anyone knew if this is built into this SDK?  I have combed through the c sdk and it has several more examples, one where they call a method twFileManager_ListEntities(thingName, WATCHED_DIR, NULL, LIST_FILES).  The example then compares file listings of a folder and uploads any new files to thingworx.  I have tried to look for something similar with the .NET SDK and can't find it anywhere.  Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks for your time!

Brian

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
byutz
1-Newbie
(To:byutz)

Here is an example of how to use the file watcher class with .net sdk.  It apparently isn't built in to the sdk because the microsoft class available does such a good job.

FileSystemWatcher Class (System.IO)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
byutz
1-Newbie
(To:byutz)

Here is an example of how to use the file watcher class with .net sdk.  It apparently isn't built in to the sdk because the microsoft class available does such a good job.

FileSystemWatcher Class (System.IO)

Announcements

Top Tags