cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

New license Thingworx 8.1 Error

kapetrova
7-Bedrock

New license Thingworx 8.1 Error

Hi, 

We used our own Thingworx server last year. Our company bought a new license and I changed ThingworxPlatform\platform-settings.json (remove old Activation IDs and add new). Then restart Tomcat.

But when we try to add and save new user in server/Thingworx/Composer/index.html getting error: save failed, status: error message: Import Failed: License is not available for Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Feature: twx_named_user

Then I goes to PTC Licensing Tools, enter our Device ID and replace license_capability_responce.bin in ThingworxPlatform folder. Then restart Tomcat.

When I tried restart LicensingSubsystem getting error: Restart on Subsystem LicensingSubsystem failed: error

in application log twx_named_user_CHECK_OUT= 17.0 (I don't know what it's mean):

askCount= 0.0, completedTaskCount= 0.0, _IntegrationSubsystem#,             numberOfConnectors= 0.0, requestCount= 0.0, _LicensingSubsystem#,               twx_composer= 2804.0, twx_mashup_builder= 350.0, twx_things= 454.0, дек. 2018 license usage stats for (CHECK_IN,CHECK_OUT)= 31.0, twx_composer_CHECK_OUT= 380.0, twx_things_CHECK_IN= 2.0, twx_mashup_builder_CHECK_IN= 1.0, twx_named_user_CHECK_OUT= 17.0, twx_mashup_builder_CHECK_OUT= 40.0, twx_things_CHECK_OUT= 51.0, DaysRemaining= 339.0, _MessageStoreSubsystem#,            corePoolSize= 10.0, maxPoolSize= 100.0, curentPoolSize= 0.0, activeThreads= 0.0, queueSize= 0.0, largestPoolSize= 0.0, submitedTaskCount= 0.0, completedTaskCount= 0.0, _PlatformSubsystem#,                eventQueueSize= 0.0, streamQueueSize-ThingworxPersistenceProvider= 0.0, valueStreamQueueSize-ThingworxPersistenceProvider= 0.0, memoryInUse= 6.11076992E8, totalMemoryAllocated= 7.69654784E8, thingCount= 499.0, _StreamProcessingSubsystem#,        maximumWaitTime= 10000.0, sizeThreshold= 1000.0, maximumBlockSize= 2500.0, scanRate= 5.0, maximumQueueSize= 250000.0, queueSize= 0.0, totalWritesQueued= 0.0, totalWritesPerformed= 0.0, numberOfProcessingThreads= 5.0, _TunnelSubsystem#,                  activeTunnelCount= 0.0, totalTunnelCount= 0.0, _UserManagementSubsystem#,          userCount= 159.0, _ValueStreamProcessingSubsystem#,   maximumWaitTime= 10000.0, sizeThreshold= 1000.0, maximumBlockSize= 2500.0, scanRate= 5.0, maximumQueueSize= 500000.0, queueSize= 0.0, totalWritesQueued= 0.0, totalWritesPerformed= 0.0, numberOfProcessingThreads= 5.0, _WSCommunicationsSubsystem#,        activeWebsockets= 0.0, _WSExecutionProcessingSubsystem#,   corePoolSize= 1000.0, maxPoolSize= 10000.0, curentPoolSize= 0.0, activeThreads= 0.0, queueSize= 0.0, largestPoolSize= 0.0, submitedTaskCount= 0.0, completedTaskCount= 0.0, _ThingworxServer#,                  systemRuntime= 2 hours,  memoryInUse = 0,611 GB,  totalMemoryAllocated= 0,77 GB,  activeUsers= 0, BoundConnectedThings= 0, UnBoundConnectedThings= 0_----------------------------------------------------------------------------_

Why I can't create users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

For the benefit of the community, it was found that entitlements in the recent contract renewal had failed to update in License Management.  Once the update was completed, a new license file was generated which contained the needed components.  Once the new license was applied to ThingWorx, the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:kapetrova)

Hi @kapetrova.

If you still have Activation ID's in platform-settings.json, you need to remove them.  They are no longer used.

Regards.

--Sharon

Okey,

but where I must put Activation IDs? How I can licensed our Thingworx 8.1 server?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kapetrova.

Please send me your platform-settings.json file located in \ThingworxPlatform and I will make the needed modifications.  You can send it to me directly by clicking the link for my user if you prefer not to post it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kapetrova.

Please let me know if the updated .json file provided under private email worked for you.

Regards.

--Sharon

No, when I stopped Tomcat, replace platform-settings.json and restart apache it gives me an error 404. When I replaced the new json with old and it all worked.

1.PNG

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kapetrova.

Did you check the ApplicationLog.log file in \ThingworxStorage\logs to determine the cause of the failure with the updated .json file?  Did you validate the database user and login information was correct?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi, @slangley 

Login information (username and password) for pgAdmin III and for Thingworx site are absolutely correctly.

I checked java.lang.Exception: Table [LicensingConnectionSettings] does not have a field named [timeout] in the Tomcat's logs. So, when I delete timeout parameter Thinworx server started! 

But when I tried to create new user it faults again (License is not available... Feature: twx_named_user):

1.PNG

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kapetrova.

I am going to open a case on your behalf so we can take a look at your system.  Once we determine the cause of your problems, we can come back here to post the solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

For the benefit of the community, it was found that entitlements in the recent contract renewal had failed to update in License Management.  Once the update was completed, a new license file was generated which contained the needed components.  Once the new license was applied to ThingWorx, the issue was resolved.

Top Tags