cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Non admin users who is not part of ComposerUsers group are not able to execute service in Thing

MK_10528389
6-Contributor

Non admin users who is not part of ComposerUsers group are not able to execute service in Thing

I wanted to provide runtime permission to non admin and non member of ComposerUsers group to view the mashup and able to run the application. I have created Organization, in that organization, I have added user group which consists of the user for whom the app should be visible and executable. So as per the article - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS341872  I have applied the required permissions. But for that user getting error as - 

Exception in WHR.EngPortal.Base.Thing::GetAdminPanelSections:TypeError: Cannot call method "CreateInfoTableFromDataShape" of null

Note - for the Thing - WHR.EngPortal.Base.Thing I have provided the visibility permission, runtime permission and design time permission for that organization and user group. PFA screenshot of the same, but still I am getting this error. And for admin user, it is working fine. Also even when I add this user group or user to the ComposerUsers group at that time also It is working fine.

Unable to fine the root cause. Please suggest.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:MK_10528389)

Hi,

the error you receive is because of the user does not have Visibility for "InfoTableFunctions" (which offers the service throwing the error:

Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

The error you resolve by providing Visibility for the user (or System user) for the entity. Does that already help?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

the error you receive is because of the user does not have Visibility for "InfoTableFunctions" (which offers the service throwing the error:

Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

The error you resolve by providing Visibility for the user (or System user) for the entity. Does that already help?

MK_10528389
6-Contributor
(To:nmutter)

Thanks @nmutter It is working fine now. I have provided visibility and runtime permissions to InfotableFunctions.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Perfect. FYI

- "Cannot call method "xxx" of null" always means visibility for an entitiy is missing (=the entity is 'null'), on which this service 'xxx' is called

- For runtime ServiceInvoke permissions it will tell you more clearly with thingname + servicename

Announcements

Top Tags