cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Not able to Load composer - MSSQL Thingworx Platform

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Not able to Load composer - MSSQL Thingworx Platform

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to do a fresh installation of Thingworx 8.3 version and followed required steps and configurations but getting 404 error everytime I try to load Composer (localhost:8080/Thingworx)

Below is the Error log and Platform-settings json code. I believe its related to Platform-settings as per the logs but I'm not really able to catch the cause. kindly help.

**********************************************************Logs**************************

14:28:04.309 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR SecurityLog.com.thingworx.security.authentication.AuthenticationFilter - Could not load session timeout from database, using default: null

14:28:04.325 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR ErrorLog.com.thingworx.security.authentication.HAAuthenticationFilter - Failed to initialize HA Authentication
java.lang.Exception: Table [ExtensionPackageImportPolicy] does not exist
at com.thingworx.types.collections.ConfigurationTableCollection.setValues(ConfigurationTableCollection.java:272)
at com.thingworx.types.collections.ConfigurationTableCollection.setValues(ConfigurationTableCollection.java:305)
at com.thingworx.system.configuration.PlatformSettings.<init>(PlatformSettings.java:620)
at com.thingworx.system.configuration.PlatformSettings.getInstance(PlatformSettings.java:1115)
at com.thingworx.security.authentication.HAAuthenticationFilter.init(HAAuthenticationFilter.java:36)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:283)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:264)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4546)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5191)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:743)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:719)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:714)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:970)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1841)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
14:28:04.335 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter - destroy called
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: destroy called

************************************Platform Settings file:****************************

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig": {
 "AdministratorUserSettings": {
  "InitialPassword": "Administrator@12345"
 },
"ExtensionPackageImportPolicy":{  
  "importEnabled":true,
  "allowJarResources":true,
  "allowJavascriptResources":true,
  "allowCSSResources":true,
  "allowJSONResources":true,
  "allowWebAppResources":true,
  "allowEntities":true,
  "allowExtensibleEntities":true
 }
},
"PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {
 "MssqlPersistenceProviderPackage": {
  "ConnectionInformation": {
   "driverClass": "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver",
   "jdbcUrl": "jdbc:sqlserver://myserver.database.windows.net:1433;databaseName=thingworx;applicationName=Thingworx;",
   "password": "MyApp@123#",
   "username": "MyAdmin",
   "maxPoolSize": 300,
   "maxStatements": 100,
   "minPoolSize": 10,
   "numHelperThreads": 8,
   "idleConnectionTestPeriod": 60,
   "initialPoolSize": 10,
   "acquireRetryDelay": 10000,
   "checkoutTimeout": 1000000

}

}
}
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Resolved.

some required SQL tables were not created in the SQL server which was not letting it loaded with ExtensionPackageImportPolicy.

I did a fresh installation starting from required SQL DB creation and connection details,followed by recommended steps of Thingworx installation and it worked for me

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

@TanmeyTWX  The installation instructions for Thingworx 8.3 are here

Have you had an opportunity to check this article?

Also, these community posts might be helpful for you

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thingworx-Platform-8-3-installation-issue/m-p/587251

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thingworx-8-3-trial-installation-fails/m-p/579362

If the error persists, please provide us the application and tomcat logs.

Thanks,

Vibhuti

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:vangne)

Hi Vangne,

I have already tried mentioned documents and reference links but no luck.

Tomcat log is already copied in the this thread as well as the Platform-Settings.json file content.

Hi,

I don't know exactly what version of Thingworx 8.3 you install, but it is possible that ExtensionPackageImportPolicy NOT needed in platform-settings.json.

Try to remove that setting and restart Tomcat.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Hi,

I'm using Thingworx 8.3.5-b1122 and using Azure SQL for DB,hence required ExtensionPackageImportPolicy.

Still,I also tried skipping ExtensionPackageImportPolicy but didn't work and landed onto same error page.

Thanks!

Please open a case/service request with Thingworx Support team for this issue, we need more information to troubleshoot. Thank you, Raluca Edu

FYI.

I'm trying to install on a VM. Same Thingworx version is running on multiple VM's with same configuartion but this time it got stuck.

@TanmeyTWX  

The issue is causing may be due to multiple Thingworx instance conflict. I just came across this community post,Take a look at it for more details.

Thanks,

Vibhuti

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:vangne)

I looked thoroughly and found that Thingworx tables were not created in MS SQL. Now need to create those tables but I have SQL Server insatalled on Azure as PaaS.

Do I need to Modify DB Setup and Schema Setup bat files accordingly?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

I don't think the version of ThingWorx you are installing supports this configuration.  We added support for Azure SQL DB with ThingWorx 8.4.  I'll have to do some research to verify in regard to the PaaS version.

Note that ThingWorx 8.5 was released last week.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I don't think this configuration is limited to 8.4 and above as we are having other servers running on 8.3 version with Azure SQL PaaS instance.

Thanks!

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

Are you sure you're running the PaaS option?  It is possible to install SQL Server on the VM using the same instructions that would be used for an on-premise installation.

Note, that if you were able to get the PaaS option to work under ThingWorx 8.3, this is not a supported configuration and we would be limited on the support that could be provided if you experience an issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

If you found a solution to your issue, please feel free to post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution.  This will help others in the community with the same problem.

Regards.

--Sharon

Resolved.

some required SQL tables were not created in the SQL server which was not letting it loaded with ExtensionPackageImportPolicy.

I did a fresh installation starting from required SQL DB creation and connection details,followed by recommended steps of Thingworx installation and it worked for me

Top Tags