cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Not able to run Anomaly Detection

drieder
15-Moonstone

Not able to run Anomaly Detection

Hello everyone,

so I am following this guide to deploy the Anomaly Detection Service. I downloaded the AnomalyMicroservices-Windows and extracted it in the path 

C:\Users\...\ThingWorxProjekt\Analytics\AnomalyMicroservices-Windows

So I ran the following command after I navigated to the extracted files directory:

java -Dproperties.file=C:\Users\...\ThingWorxProjekt\Analytics\AnomalyMicroservices-Windows\microservices.properties -jar result-standalone-2.0.2-bin.jar server results-h2-
file.yml

But I get the error "Main Class .file=C:\User\...\ThingWorxProjekt...\microservices.properties could not be found or loaded"

I also tried to not write the whole path but only \microservices.properties since I am already in this directory.

Any Ideas how I should do it properly?

Best Regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:drieder)

Hi Dominik

First I apologize, for some reason I called you David in my last post.

I am happy that this worked for you in a command prompt.

Note that it can also work in a Powershell but some extra double quote need to be added, see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS286046 for more details.

Thanks

Christophe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

The path you specified:

`C:\Users\...\ThingWorxProjekt\Analytics\AnomalyMicroservices-Windows`

is not being recognized. You need to provide the full path, replacing \...\ with the fully specified directory

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:Rick-Stanley)

Thanks for your answer, but I wrote the whole Path in the Command line, I just didn't want to post the whole path here. Thats why I replaced the long part with ...

I assume it has to do something with java not being able to find the "file" class.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

The error report it cannot load a class, while we are specifying this as an argument to load a file, so it does not seem that the java command "understand" the argument and takes it as being the path to a class.

This can happen when  a copy paste is done and some corrupted character are pasted.

Could you try retyping the java -Dproperties.file= part instead of pasting it from somewhere ?

I am guessing the - character is not what it looks like and is not interpreted correctly by the java command.

Hope this helps

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:cmorfin)

Hi Christope,

thank you for your reply, but typing everything by hand didn't resolve the issue.

Screenshot (31).png

This is how it looks in powershell, the .file after -Dproperties is highlighted so I guess it recognizes it as a command parameter

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi David

Could you execute the same command in a command prompt instead of a power shell.

I do get this error when I run in power shell, but it works for me in a command prompt.

Thanks

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:cmorfin)

Hello Christophe,

thank you very much, running this in command prompt worked for me. I will keep in mind to always try both before asking questions.

Best Regards,

Dominik

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Dominik

First I apologize, for some reason I called you David in my last post.

I am happy that this worked for you in a command prompt.

Note that it can also work in a Powershell but some extra double quote need to be added, see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS286046 for more details.

Thanks

Christophe

Top Tags