cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Not able to start Thingworx8.4.1 with H2persistence provider

clansdale
11-Garnet

Not able to start Thingworx8.4.1 with H2persistence provider

Hi Sharon,

I'm having the same problem trying to get TW 8.4 running.

I copy/pasted a platform-settings.json I found from here and I have validated it as well. (see attached)

From Application.log:

2019-08-05 16:26:30.670-0400 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] [message: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!]
2019-08-05 16:26:30.671-0400 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] *** Web Application STATE is being set to ERROR! ***

From catalina.out

Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Wrong user name or password [28000-195]
at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:345)
at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:179)
at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:155)
at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:144)
at org.h2.engine.Engine.validateUserAndPassword(Engine.java:336)

Also, I am getting a 503 Error when I try to load https://localhost:443/Thingworx

Not really sure what is going on, any help would be appreciated!

edit: using java 1.8.0_131 on Ubuntu 18.04.2

8 REPLIES 8

Assuming you have not removed password in order to post the config file here, could you please set a valid password against the key password under H2PersistenceProviderPackage and test? If this is not a fresh installation, please back up your data before making this change. 

Thank you for the reply, I have a real password in the H2PersistenceProviderPackage but I am still getting a 503 error. I have attached the updated platform-settings.json

Edit:

These are the two errors I can't seem to shake, unsure if it is a java problem or a H2 problem.

Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Wrong user name or password [28000-192]

java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

How about file permissions?  Is tomcat user the owner of /ThingworxStorage /ThingworxBackupStorage and /ThingworxPlatform. Also, do the folders have 775 permission setting?

Yup, they have access.

In the Security log it says the Thingworx server is not running. I tried downloading TW 8.3 but still getting the same errors.

2019-08-06 10:53:26.722-0400 [L: INFO] [O: S.c.t.s.a.s.SSOContext] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-2] SSOContext created...
2019-08-06 10:53:26.948-0400 [L: ERROR] [O: S.c.t.s.a.AuthenticationFilter] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-2] Could not load session timeout from database, using default: null
2019-08-06 10:53:26.979-0400 [L: INFO] [O: S.c.t.s.s.SCIMProvider] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-2] Initializing SCIMProvider servlet...
2019-08-06 10:53:26.979-0400 [L: ERROR] [O: S.c.t.s.s.SCIMProvider] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-2] SCIMProvider initialization failure. Thingworx Server is not running

After several hours I found a strange workaround...if I delete the ThingworxStorage folder and then restart tomcat, it connects and logs are error free.

However, now I am locked out and can't find the right login credentials. The username/pass is the one specified in platform-settings.json no?

Yes, however the initial password should at least be 14 characters unlike the value(changeme) in the last json you have uploaded.

Yes! Got it right after I posted that. Thank you!

You're using the H2 database, so the SQL data are stored inside the ThingWorxStorage Folder. In your workaround you deleted the folder, so the database is resettled, and the H2 password starts working. 

Top Tags