cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

OData Connector Method POST Error

saguiarde
10-Marble

OData Connector Method POST Error

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to connect to SAP using the OData Connector. We have been able to successfully perform all the GET calls but we haven’t been able to do any POST calls. We are receiving this error:

saguiarde_0-1591100191680.png

It seems that is not able to find the input parameters but we have defined them in the body:

saguiarde_1-1591100191685.png

Are we missing something? Do we have to create a swagger file with the definition of the endpoints?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:saguiarde)

Hi @saguiarde.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  This issue has been reported for ThingWorx 8.3, but may affect later releases as well.  At this point, we don't yet have a target date for resolution but support is being dropping on the 8.3 version this month.

If you're running ThingWorx 8.4 or above, you may want to consider using Flow which has an SAP connector built in.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. 

We are running version 8.5. Could you please send me the information where this issue has been reported?

Initially we started to use Flow but it is very buggy and thus not functioning as expected. 

Thank you!

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @saguiarde.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to see our internal case on this issue.  However, the best approach may be to open a case so we can review the issues you are experiencing with Flow.  There is no guarantee the case will ever be worked since much of the functionality is shifting to Flow.

If you are interested in opening a case, please let me know and I will be happy to open one on your behalf.

Lastly, you did not indicate which patch level of ThingWorx 8.5 you are running.  If you are still on 8.5.0, it is highly recommended that you upgrade.  There are many bug fixes and improvements in the latest release.  Note that 8.5.6 was just released last week.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello, 

There are some bugs that are already known; there are some workarounds but they are not intended for production. 

The SAP connection of Flow based on RFC has several limitations, been the main ones that we can't customize the access to several areas of SAP. 

We have version 8.5.5. I have checked the newest version and there isn't something mentioned about Integration Connectors improvements.

Thanks!

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:saguiarde)

Hi @saguiarde.

So no interest in opening a case?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello @slangley ,

I have updated to the newest version 8.5.6 and I still can't properly used the POST method in the OData connector. 

Is there an extra step that I should be doing when requesting the call?

Should I use a swagger file to send the data?

Thanks!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @saguiarde.

ThingWorx 9.0 was released yesterday.  This version contains some improvements and enhancements to Flow.  You can find the Release Notes here.

It is not yet known whether this functionality will be addressed in the connector as Flow is the recommended approach.

Also, here is another article that may assist you with the issue designated in the link you provided.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @saguiarde.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags