cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

OData Connector - creating API Maps painfully slow

Paw
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

OData Connector - creating API Maps painfully slow

Creating API Map for WRS endpoints is painfully slow as Firefox takes all available memory. Only after API tree is fully collapsed it becomes somewhat navigatable. Is this a bug or 'normal' behavior? Is there any other way of defining API Maps e.g. in XML and through importing?

ThingWorx 9.1.0

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Paw)

Hi @Paw 

How many endpoints are in the tree?  Where is the server located that you are trying to connect to?  Is it on a different network?  Have you tried it under other browsers? 

Regards.

--Sharon

Paw
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon.

It's a standard WRS endpoint (/v5/ProdMgmt/Parts GET) and the Windchill is on another server, but the same physical location. When I invoke the query with Postman or Swagger it executes normally. Part definition in our organisation is on the other hand quite complex and this is what I believe is the bottleneck for ThingWorx. We tried defining API Maps in Edge (chromium) but it is the same story.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @PB_10246871

It sounds like a case will be needed for this.  If you have a support contract, please send me a private message with your PTC Support email address and I will be happy to open the case on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

Paw
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:slangley)

It is possible to accomplish but you have to keep collapsing tree until it becomes more manageable and responsive. Takes ridiculous 15 minutes per mapping and about 10 gb of memory.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Paw.

You advised you are running ThingWorx 9.1.0.  What versions are you running of the other components?  We need to confirm that all components are compatible.

If we're unable to determine anything further in the community, we'll need to open a case in order to do a deeper dive.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags