cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

On project import the users passwords does not work

Jamal8548
12-Amethyst

On project import the users passwords does not work

Hello community,

I have very strange issue when i import the project on for eg another server the users which are already there and get also imported on this project do not able to login with their passwords. Then i set the passwords again and everything works then for eg again after some time when i do import project with users the users passwords got disable and again i have to do this process.

I think i should not import users which are already present on the server..

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Jamal8548 

Can you share the logs here, which type of error look at the logs, I want to know.

Hi @Surya_Tiwari  i could not see the logs at that time but when i update the password only then it starts working. I think the password get expired once you import the users. The users would be definitely there in platform but with expired password.

Hi @Jamal8548  You have imported entity and data both or only entities?

I have imported the complete project but not data from datatables. It means all entities. source control entities.

Hi, @Jamal8548  it means you have only imported entities,  this is the issue you need to import data, and then it will work.

which data i need to import? The data i can only import from Datatables but for user there is no data i can see. Would you please explain it more.

Hi @Jamal8548  Yes you need to import data from the user table.

I could not understand you. When we do export we do fully project which also includes users. There are no user table for users i can see in export option. I have attached an image also. Would you please clarify it. Thank you

Jamal8548_0-1722258308238.png

Hi @Jamal8548  I have explained to you the DB label but at composer, look at the attached screenshot using the data collection, and let me know your feedback.

Thanks Surya but with this export , dont you think all the datatables with entries will be exported and i dont want that dataentries on the production server. What do you think about it?

I have done an export but with this all the datatables are coming in export and i dont want these entries to go on the production server. My issues with users come whenever i do export the project from dev to prod. 

Hi, @Jamal8548  There is no option for exporting data of particular entities in Thingworx, let me know if you have any other doubts.

thanks yeah i think next time i would just not import users if they are still present on the server where i will import..

do you have any idea about this below issue please ? it would be great! thanks

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/FileRepositry-Visibility-issue-fileuploader-widget/td-p/964418

Hi @Jamal8548  sure, I will take a look and provide my findings in the same community post, kindly mark it as a solution.

Hi @Jamal8548,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags