cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Part of data from DataTable isn't displayed in the Grid

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Part of data from DataTable isn't displayed in the Grid

Hi!

I display the data in the Grid according to the following scheme:

Scheme.png

In Thing_test_6 (DataTable) data is added as follows:

Scheme_2.png

The problem is that in the Grid some of the data (some rows) coming from FilterServiceForEvents1 isn't displayed for some reason. But if I directly bind FilterServiceForEvents1 to the Grid then all rows are displayed.

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Mr_Henry_M)

Hi @Mr_Henry_M

We can't really tell what's going without knowing what the data looks like and the queries you're running, but we're not sure the first query in your top image is needed.  Can you provide some detail around the services that are being called?

Regards.

--Sharon

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi! Thanks for the answer.

AdoThing is a RemoteDatabase Thing. FilterServiceForEvents1 is the last one in the chain of services, starting with a service that sends an SQL-query to a data source (DB Access). Specifically FilterServiceForEvents1 is needed in order to display in the mashup only the data that corresponds to the time interval specified in the Timeselector widget. In general, I want to display the data obtained from Access in the Grid and then apply sorting (and perhaps filtering) to it.

To do this I use Thing_test_6 and its QueryDataTableEntries service as an intermediary. If I understand correctly this is a standard scheme with which you can accumulate data and apply sorting\filtering to it.

And it looks like the first query in the top image is really unnecessary. But in essence, it doesn't change anything.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Mr_Henry_M

Did you check this page from the ThingWorx Help Center?

Regards.

--Sharon

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Hi.

Yes, I was guided by this instruction. And sorting and filtering themselves are working (and specifically for filtering the first query in my top image is necessary, yes). But when using QueryDataTableEntries, as I said, not all data is displayed in the Grid.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Mr_Henry_M 

I recommend that we open a case for this issue so that one of our engineers can review and assist.  With your approval, I will be happy to open the case on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Hi!

Yes, please.

Top Tags