cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pie chart fails to display all data points

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite

Pie chart fails to display all data points

Hi all,

I am currently using ThingWorx 9.3.4. I have a requirement where I am using a pie chart that shows records of 24 things. The pie chart displays the distribution of all things, but the legend shows only 10 pieces of data. If I increase the height of the widget, the legend shows all the data. However, I cannot increase the height of my widget. How can I get all the information in the legend?

Thank you! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite
(To:PEHOWE)

Hi @PEHOWE, thank you for the time, ShowHideLegend property is not available within THW 9.3.4, instead of that we have ShowLegend which is already enabled. Changing the legendPosition as Top also didn't help as the legend only consumed all the space and there was no space for the pie chart. However, we have decided to increase the height of the pie chart, so by doing this we are able to see all the 24 things in legend!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:MM_9023322)

Hi @MM_9023322.

There may not be a solution to this short of allowing adequate space if you wish to display all 24 things in 1 chart.  If it makes sense for your use case, you could split it into multiple charts.

Regards.

--Sharon

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley

Thank you for the response, but no we cannot use two different widgets, we want a single widget itself!

Thank you!

@MM_9023322 ,
I tried to create what you described. There are 2 properties which you can adjust which may help.

• Legend Position, set to TOP
  • ShowHideLegend, enable

These might give you a better result.

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite
(To:PEHOWE)

Hi @PEHOWE, thank you for the time, ShowHideLegend property is not available within THW 9.3.4, instead of that we have ShowLegend which is already enabled. Changing the legendPosition as Top also didn't help as the legend only consumed all the space and there was no space for the pie chart. However, we have decided to increase the height of the pie chart, so by doing this we are able to see all the 24 things in legend!

Thank you!

Announcements

Top Tags