cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pop up notification when data is changing

robins1306
6-Contributor

Pop up notification when data is changing

Hi,

can someone please provide me some pointers/hints on how to achieve the following: 

I get data about mistakes, which happen on a specific machine in the production through the composer to my thingworx studio. (sql- database) I can show theses mistakes by using a toggle button. Then a table with all mistakes of the last hour will be visible. 

What I want to achieve now is:

A pop-up notification in the App on the device of the worker, which is always triggered, whenever a new mistake happens. So the worker can react immediately.

In my understanding, I need a pop-up which is triggered by an event. And this event is the datachange of the specific "mistake"-service. 

But how do I do this? Is a js script? How am I then connecting it to this service as it should be triggered automatically?

Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Add a property, let's call it mistakeCounts, which keeps track of the amount of mistakes.

On the server side, when a new mistake arises increase the mistakeCounts values.

Then on the Mashup, use GetProperties special service which supports push property updates

Add an expression widget with parameter call it "value" and the expression (value), bind the mistakeCounts properti from GetProperties as the input of this expression widget, then you just need to bind Expression DataChange Event to the popup or whatever action you want to do on the mashup to trigger the popup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Add a property, let's call it mistakeCounts, which keeps track of the amount of mistakes.

On the server side, when a new mistake arises increase the mistakeCounts values.

Then on the Mashup, use GetProperties special service which supports push property updates

Add an expression widget with parameter call it "value" and the expression (value), bind the mistakeCounts properti from GetProperties as the input of this expression widget, then you just need to bind Expression DataChange Event to the popup or whatever action you want to do on the mashup to trigger the popup.

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:CarlesColl)

@robins1306

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the @CarlesColl answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags