cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Print button.

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Print button.

Hi,

How to print the  mashup using a button?

Please provide some documentation or some instruction on how to work on it.

Thanks,

V.Shalini.

9 REPLIES 9

shalini visveswaraiya​: You can review the existing thread with a sample Print Button extension and see if it works for you.

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh Patel,

I tried that but it doesnt work for me.

On import it throws error.

How should I proceed?

shalini visveswaraiya​: At this moment, we do not have a standard extension with this functionality so you might need to build a custom extension with required functionalities.

-Durgesh

How can i build a custom widget? Is there any thread or document available??

shalini visveswaraiya​: You can search community existing threads for more details - Re: Platform Extension Dependencies

-Durgesh

If you are looking to bring up the browser print functionality (like when you press CTRL+P), I was able to get this to show up using a Link widget with the SourceURL property set to:

<a href="#" onclick="window.print();return false;">Print this page</a>

When you click the link in the mashup, it pulls up the browser's print dialog.  I was using Thingworx 7.1.

Hello, V.Shalini.

Have the posts by Durgesh helped you resolve this issue? If so, please mark this as an Accepted Solution for the benefit of the rest of the Community. If there is still an issue, please let us know.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

You can also use an Expression widget with "print()" in the Expression field (no quotes " ").  Then trigger the expression using a button.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Ascherer17)

Hi @svisveswaraiya.

If one of the previous posts provided a solution to your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags