cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Re: Problem in installation for ThingWorx Analytics

ateed
4-Participant

Re: Problem in installation for ThingWorx Analytics

I am having an issue related to your comment in this thread. Attempting to install the Thingworx analytics server results in all the services being created, analytics server manager thing, resource provider thing, etc. But the analytics gateway thing does not get installed. Do you have any information on this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:ateed)

@ateed ,

Where did you download the ThingWorx Platform Server installer from? Was it a single installer, or did you have to setup Apache Tomcat, and deploy a .war file?

It should be noted, when I downloaded the Trial edition of ThingWorx Platform server, the source file was named ThingWorx-Foundation-Installer-Windows-8-4.zip

You are seeing in your service manager, a bunch of services starting with twas ? This would indicate that you have a full installation of ThingWorx Analytics. Can you provide a screenshot of all the services running then?

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
nsampat
17-Peridot

@ateed ,

Unfortunately there could many reasons for this, and without seeing your logs or install.log files, I cannot provide a reason.

What version of ThingWorx Platform Server, ThingWorx Analytics Server are you using?

Has the ThingWorx Analytics Server completed its installation, are all the services running? Is zookeeper microservice running, and not in a paused state?

Is your Application Key assigned to the Analytics Server current, and not expired?

Are you seeing any errors in the Analytics logs, found in /ThingWorxAnalyticsServer/data/logs ? In particular, review the edge.log (if using TWA Server 8.4 and older) or adaptor.log (for 8.5.1).

Regards,

Neel

ateed
4-Participant
(To:nsampat)

We are trying to just run the free demo versions, which I've downloaded from PTC sites, they are versions 8.4.

It looks like the services are installing just fine and are running, but none of the Things the installer says it created are appearing in our platform.

Im not quite sure about the zookeeper service, more direction on how to locate that would be appreciated, I dont see any service named zookeeper (windows services).

Application key is not expired. I believe it was created with the analytics extension installation. Named: TW.AnalysisServices.ApplicationUserKey

I do see errors about AnalyticsEdgeVerticle and VertxIsolatedDeployer:

2019-11-19 12:48:39 [vert.x-eventloop-thread-1] ERROR i.v.c.i.l.c.VertxIsolatedDeployer - Failed in deploying verticle

2019-11-19 12:48:51 [vert.x-eventloop-thread-0] ERROR c.t.a.e.a.AnalyticsEdgeVerticle - Failed during startup

As well as this Debug entry:

2019-11-19 12:48:51 [vert.x-eventloop-thread-0] DEBUG c.t.a.e.application.AnalyticsGateway - Thing [localhost-AnalyticsServer] doesn't exist, returning null ThingModel

Any help is appreciated, let me know if more info is required.

nsampat
17-Peridot

@ateed ,

When you say demo version, are you talking about the Trial Edition?

Is your ThingWorx Platform Server 8.4 Trial or Full Commercial?

Is you ThingWorx Analytics Sserver 8.4 server the Trial Edition? If it is a trial edition, this is a docker install, so you will not see any services in your native deployment.

Regards,

Neel

ateed
4-Participant

Analytics was downloaded from this site: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/downloads

It's trial version.

I believe the thingworx platform is trial as well, our downloaded files say SNAPSHOT though, I'm not sure if that means its a non-trial version..?

ateed
4-Participant

I should also add, that the server did appear to install services, a bunch of services starting with "twas". Possibly it was the extension that did that? But I thought it was server.

nsampat
17-Peridot

@ateed ,

Where did you download the ThingWorx Platform Server installer from? Was it a single installer, or did you have to setup Apache Tomcat, and deploy a .war file?

It should be noted, when I downloaded the Trial edition of ThingWorx Platform server, the source file was named ThingWorx-Foundation-Installer-Windows-8-4.zip

You are seeing in your service manager, a bunch of services starting with twas ? This would indicate that you have a full installation of ThingWorx Analytics. Can you provide a screenshot of all the services running then?

Regards,

Neel

ateed
4-Participant

From the link I provided earlier, but drilling farther in https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/downloads/analytics-trial-edition

Selected the button "Download for Windows", theres a drop down to download either extension, or server. We've done both, extension installed fine. But the provided files for server are not working.

Screenshot of services:

Screenshot_1.png

The download gives us a zip file, and inside is a normal application installer:

Screenshot_2.png

ateed
4-Participant

Actually it appears someone tried to install the full version, 8.4.5, I'm not sure how. I think this is the issue. How would I uninstall this? I dont see the app in Windows Apps and I dont see any uninstaller apps.

ateed
4-Participant

And i found the uninstaller lol. I'll let you know if we need more help. I'm not sure where we got the full install from, but I doubt thats compatible with the trial platform.

nsampat
17-Peridot

@ateed ,

Sounds good.

And yes, you are correct, a full version of ThingWorx Analytics will not work with a Trial Edition of ThingWorx Platform Server.

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags