cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Recognizing a change of properties in a specific range

drieder
15-Moonstone

Recognizing a change of properties in a specific range

Hello everyone,

I have a temperatur sensor as a thing in Thingworx. Now I would like to recognize how fast the temperature changed.

For example if the temperature increased by more than 3 Degrees in a period of one second I would like to fire an event (an alarm). Do you have any idea whether there is an elegant approach to do this?

My naive Idea would be a subscription that checks how much the temperature changed one second ago once a "data changed" event occurs. 

Any help and tips are appreciated very much.

Best Regards,

Dominik

2 REPLIES 2
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:drieder)

Hi Dominik

Maybe the Descriptive Analytics services Rate of Change or Number of Points with Change Rate Out of Range may help to some extent on this.

See the Help Center for more info: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/#page/analytics%2Fda-overview.html%23

also The Introduction to ThingWorx Analytics Descriptives Services in the Community.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:cmorfin)

Hi @drieder

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark @cmorfin answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags