cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Redirected to project login page

jensc
17-Peridot

Redirected to project login page

Hello Community,

For one of the platforms my company is running, each time I go to https://..../Thingworx/Composer/ I end up at a https://..../Thingworx/FormLogin/Myapp page instead.

I have checked my user and it does not have a home mashup:

jensc_0-1701961259956.png

If I do login using the form login page, I can then change the URL to /Composer and I can access the composer.

Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Thanks,

Jens C

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @jensc 

To restrict the non-admin users from accessing the composer, you can check ComposerUsers  and remove user groups from it 

For more information - User Groups (ptc.com)

Article - CS315571 - How is the system group ComposerUsers used to restrict access to the Thingworx Composer (ptc.com)

Article - CS236931 - Access restriction to ThingWorx Composer (ptc.com)

/VR

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:Velkumar)

Hello @Velkumar,

It's not that I should not have access to the composer. It is just strange that for this particular platform, I am "forced" to login using the /FormLogin/ page.

On all other platforms, if I go to the /Composer/ URL, I get the normal "sign in" popup:

jensc_0-1702020495334.png

I have asked other colleagues and they do not have the same issue when trying to login to this platform... 

Is there any settings perhaps that I can look at?

Thanks,

Jens C.

Hi @jensc 

I don't have any about this issue. 

Maybe PTC support can help you with this issue.

Thanks,

VR

nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:jensc)

Is there maybe a custom Authenticator active (you can find it in composer, like Things there are Authenticators)? We did have a FormLoginAuthenticator (non official extension) at one point in our platform, which behaved like this I think.

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:nmutter)

Hello @nmutter,

We do have some authenticators on the platform, but none are "enabled".

I think I'll open a case with PTC to see if they can figure it out. 

From what I know, my colleagues do not face the same issue on the platform, so should be something with my user perhaps.

Thanks!

Jens C

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

After opening a case with PTC I tried clearing all of my browser cache.

This worked until I went to the form login page of the application that had gotten "stuck" again.

Then I started ending up on that form login again.

Since it is only on one platform of many, I'll leave this for now. In case anyone else also gets this issue it might be useful to know that it is possible to clear your cache to temporarily fix it.

Regards,

Jens

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jensc.

It sounds like you have the home page set at the org level.  Check that out and see if it resolves the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley,

When you say org level, what do you mean? 

I do have a home page set for the organization that is related to the form login page.

But I'm guessing that is not what you mean? 

Regards,

Jens

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jensc

Yes, that is what we mean.  Since you have it set at the org level, it will affect everyone set up for that organization.

Is that the page you're being redirected to when you login?

Regards.

--Sharon

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley,

Aha, maybe there has been a misunderstanding.
You are correct in saying that if I have a mashup in the "Home Mashup" of an organization, the user will be redirected there after using the organizations form login page.

However, my issue is that I get redirected to an organizations form login page when going to .... /Thingworx/Composer

And it is only on one platform that this happens.

On other platforms, even if I use the form login page of many different organizations, I can always just use the /Thingworx/Composer path to get directly into the composer.

So basically:
1. After clearing my cache and going to /Thingworx/Composer, I get the normal chrome login popup.

2. Using the /Thingworx/FormLogin/{organization_name} and logging in using it will redirect me to the home page of the organization (expected behaviour).

3. After step 2, logging out and then trying the /Thingworx/Composer path again, now instead of bringing up the normal chrome login popup, instead brings me to /Thingworx/FormLogin/{organization_name} from before.

4. Clearing cache again allows me to start over from step 1.

Perhaps it could be worth opening another case as this keeps happening.

Regards,

Jens

Top Tags