cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Refresh Tree Grid Advanced widget as data is loaded

zeljko
5-Regular Member

Refresh Tree Grid Advanced widget as data is loaded

Hi,

I stumbled on a widget refresh issue while the data is loading in background. In particular scenario, InfoTable is created with initial API call and  the rows are further updated with async API calls over the course of time. This scenario is chosen due to the amount of data that needs to be collected and the user will not be able to do/see anything until all data is collected (UI experience).

While the initial data is correctly presented in Tree Grid Advanced widget, there is a problem of presenting data as it becomes available.

Even if the properties "CookiePersitence" and "PreserveRowExpansion" are set to "true", together with "AutoScroll" property set to "true" (I also tried with the "false" here), there is a "glitch" when the data is reloaded.

Without "AutoScroll", if one is deep within the tree exploration and "zero" node is not in the view, widget will "jump" to start and present the tree from "zero" node and below (with tree expanded).

With "AutoScroll" enabled, it depends where is the selected row in the widget screen position, below 50% or above 50% of widget height. If it is below, it will "jump" to above 50% height, and if it is above, it will stay there or perform "small flick" several pixels up or down. In either case, it could completely brake the UI from the users point of view. And if one is just scrolling, not slecting anything, it will "jump" to last selected row.

Data refresh is tried via AutoRefresh widget and GetProperties service with automatically update values when possible and invoking "SeviceInvokeCompleted". Experimented also with Subscription to Event for invoking data refresh, but not much of a luck there, also.

Does anyone knows what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Zeljko

6 REPLIES 6
tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:zeljko)

Hello Zeljko,

Thank you for presenting this information. If you have not yet found a workaround or solution to this matter we should investigate further. In order to do can you share an export of some sample entities which demonstrate this behavior? The data contained in the Tree Grid can be sample data. A video of the issue may also help illustrate what you are stating.

Following this we can look to open a case and see if we need to report a defect with our R&D Team.

zeljko
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

Hi tmisner,

Thank you for your reply. No, I still did not find the solution for the problem.

I attached the entities in zip file that simulate the problem. In simulation I put the data into InfoTable on Timer event, but this is not that much relevant for the problem. It is refresh event that resets the view.

In order to see what is happening:

1. Import entities (project, data shape, 2 things, mashup)

2. Select view mashup

3. The data will be loaded and the tree should be expanded. If not, expand the tree as much as possible. The goal is that you should see vertical scrollbar for the ATG widget.

4. Do not select any row, just scroll down until the root node is not visible in the view.

5. Autorefresh event will call GetProperties, and the data will be refreshed and the view will jump to root node.

6. Glitches will happen when you select some row and again it depends if the root node is visible or not and row location. If you select the row when you are with the scroll bar on the bottom of the view, the view will not glitch, but in other situations it will.

I also uploaded the video, hope it will clarify more what is happening.

Thank you for your time,

Zeljko

tmisner
16-Pearl

Hello again Zeljko,

I will test this now and open an associated Technical Support case for the same. In the meantime can you please also confirm your ThingWorx version?

Grid Advanced and Tree Grid Advanced have recently moved into the product as of 8.5 where previously they were installed via standalone Extension. I want to confirm which version we are working with.

-Tyler

zeljko
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

Hi Tyler,

ThingWorx versions that I used are:

- 8.5.0-b12 - it is part of the ThingWorx Navigate installation

- 8.5.5-b103 - standalone ThingWorx

On both it is the same behaviour.

Regards,

Zeljko

tmisner
16-Pearl

Thanks Zeljko!

We will continue work on the associated Technical Support case and update the thread here when we have an outcome on this.

This issue has now been submitted to R&D for review and a potential fix.We have documented this under CS326357.

-Tyler

Top Tags