cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Retroactively Insert Alert into Summary/History

bwinslow24
7-Bedrock

Retroactively Insert Alert into Summary/History

Hi,

I am trying to retroactively insert an alert via a service into the alert summary and history with a custom date time. I know I can insert into the alert history by just inserting into the AlertHistoryStream. However, I am not sure how to insert into the Alert Summary. If this is not possible another option would be to retroactively fire the alert even with a custom date. We are trying to achieve complex alerting, but we want to leverage as much of the built in alerting as we can.

Thanks,

Brandon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just my experience, TW Alerting system it's hardly customizable/extensible, you should use as it's or build your own - it's where we are :( -. If you plan to have lot's of alerts and select the approach to build your own, better you don't use DataTables, use the JDBC connection to a database.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bwinslow24)

Have you considered creating boolean properties or status or number properties that represent those complex alerts?

these you can then 'trigger' with a service that then triggers the alert set on the property to go into the alert summary/history

Yes that is what we are doing. However, we have requirements where we need to know exactly when the complex alert becomes true. We can have any number of complex alerts that could vary from Thing to Thing. To avoid having to constantly create/update subscriptions we are using a scheduler to look through a data table that has the configurations of the complex alerts. This scheduler runs every minute. Since a CA could become true in the middle of the minute we want to retroactively fire the alert with the correct date time. If we just set the property to true at runtime we will be at most 1 minute off. The issue here is we display alert durations and open/close/ack event times and other information on our front end. We need this information to be accurate. We also have users that use Manufacturing apps so we want the Alert Summary / History to be accurate as well. It seems like I can do everything except keep the Summary accurate.

Just my experience, TW Alerting system it's hardly customizable/extensible, you should use as it's or build your own - it's where we are :( -. If you plan to have lot's of alerts and select the approach to build your own, better you don't use DataTables, use the JDBC connection to a database.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi @bwinslow24.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags