cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Right click on menu to open new window

ehalvordsson
12-Amethyst

Right click on menu to open new window

According to this article

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS242815

it should be possible to right click on a menu item in order to open a new window on click. However, the link created by the menu is invalid (testing in Thingworx 8.3). Is this feature disabled / a bug or is anyone aware of a way to acheive this?

This is what I want to acheive:

Standard - user clicks and the link is replacing the contained mashup.

Right click and open in new tab - the target mashup is opened in a new window.

Many thanks

Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

EDIT: right click into a new tab resulting into a 404 is working per design. I corrected the article to reflect this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I've just tested this in 8.3 and it does appear to not work. I will file a defect and report the jira number here soon.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

EDIT: right click into a new tab resulting into a 404 is working per design. I corrected the article to reflect this.

Thank you for the reply.

We would expect that if you right click and use "open in new tab", then the target window should open in a new tab. Same with open in new window. Is that possible?

You can can configure your menu to open items either in a new tab or replacing the current page with the left click.

Thank you - I understand the current behavior of the widget but it is not what I  expect for a web page menu. I think you should review the menu concept for next release - redirecting to 404 on right click and is not what users would expect ...

Top Tags