cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Run EMS as background job.

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

Run EMS as background job.

Hi,

Is it possible to run the EMS (wsems.exe) without any command prompt window.

When we run EMS using wsems.exe file it opens a command prompt window to show the logs, but we want to run EMS without any window. User can check the logs in the log file when ever he/she wants but the command prompt window should not be available for the user to close. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:VR_10133499)

first, please make sure  there is no service called "EMS" on your windows server, if it exist, run "sc delete EMS" to remove this service.

second, please try starting cmd as Administrator then run  "install.bat -wseme  EMS"  again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wcui
14-Alexandrite

wcui_0-1668652486206.png

There is a install_services folder inside each EMS installer. You can use the bat/shell file inside the folder to register EMS as automatic services.

you can refer to below link for more details.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/edge_microserver/en/#page/c_sdk/c_ems_wsems_installing_distribution_running.html

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine
(To:wcui)

Hi,

when i try to do the step 6 of 'Running EMS as a Daemon (Linux) or as a Windows Service', I only see a window flashing for few seconds and it also kills my cmd window. But when I try to run the wsems.exe by simply clicking on it 2 times it works, meaning that there are no errors in my config.json,  but it runs in the foreground not in the background.

wcui
14-Alexandrite

did you change into folder "\microserver\install_services" before running install.bat or install.bat shell?

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

VR_10133499_0-1668680436981.png

Yes, I navigate to the folder where we have install.bat present. and then I type "install.bat -wseme  EMS" to install wsems.exe with name EMS. but then a my cmd screen gets killed.

wcui
14-Alexandrite

first, please make sure  there is no service called "EMS" on your windows server, if it exist, run "sc delete EMS" to remove this service.

second, please try starting cmd as Administrator then run  "install.bat -wseme  EMS"  again.

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

CMD was not running with Admin access. when I ran CMD with admin access the screen stayed for a bit long and then closed automatically, and in task manager I can see the process, but it is not connecting to my remote thing.

I saw some message related to LSR in my cmd window, Is it mandatory to have LSR configured in order to install EMS. we are not using LSR, we only want to use EMS for File transfers. 

wcui
14-Alexandrite

LSR is needed if you want to make EMS connect to ThingWorx Remote Thing. Acutally Remote Thing name is configured with LSR config file(config.lua).

Of course you can also develope your own  "LSR" with EMS Edge SDK.

Please refer to EMS Help Center and configure LSR properly. Below site supplies sample configurations for your referrence.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/edge_microserver/en/#page/c_sdk/c_ems_wsems_examples_configuring_secure_comms.html#

Top Tags