cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Running Connectivity.exe install fails with "... is not trusted"

memelet
5-Regular Member

Running Connectivity.exe install fails with "... is not trusted"

When I try to run the connectivity installer on windows I get the error

Verify File Signature

"...-Connectivity-8-4.exe' is not trusted"

Some windows magic required to install? I don't see anything in the install docs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
memelet
5-Regular Member
(To:memelet)

The install error was for an exe file mounted in a vagrant launched VM. The actual zip was downloaded and the exe extracted on ubuntu. The directory with the exe was mounted in the VM at /vagrant. 

So I re-downloaded the zip directly in the VM, and extracted it in the VM. That extracted exe does run (no signature error). 

Not sure what the issue was the mounted exe. But it's clearly nothing to do with thingworx.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello memelet,

Thank you for reaching out on the ThingWorx Developers Community.

Can you please specify what PTC Application you are attempting to install and where you downloaded it from on the PTC Support Portal specifically?

I tried to look around for "Connectivity-8-4.exe" but was unable to find anything.

A screenshot of the error and a link to the install doc mentioned would also be helpful.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

memelet
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

I tried to look around for "Connectivity-8-4.exe" but was unable to find anything.

It was "...-Connectivity-8-4.exe", which was short for "ThingWorx-Industrial-Connectivity-8.4.exe" (sorry)

trial downloaded from https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/downloads/indconn-trial-edition

docs:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/B14097FDDD9B42868B89B17B1457DAE5.pdf?sc_lang=en

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173084/en/tw-industrial-connectivity-install-guide.pdf

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 7.09.36 PM.png

Hello memelet,

Thank you for the quick response here.

This seems to be a common issue with Windows 10 and newer machines.

Lets try to have you execute the installer from an Administrator Command Prompt and see if this error persists.

If it does we may need to temporarily modify UAC settings to get it installed.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

memelet
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

If it does we may need to temporarily modify UAC settings to get it installed.

BTW, I did try that before first posting. No go. But as my solution post says, it seems to be more related to where the exe comes from.

memelet
5-Regular Member

The install error was for an exe file mounted in a vagrant launched VM. The actual zip was downloaded and the exe extracted on ubuntu. The directory with the exe was mounted in the VM at /vagrant. 

So I re-downloaded the zip directly in the VM, and extracted it in the VM. That extracted exe does run (no signature error). 

Not sure what the issue was the mounted exe. But it's clearly nothing to do with thingworx.

memelet
5-Regular Member

The above was on windows server 2019. I then tried windows 10. Same problem. Not able to install.

Top Tags