cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

SAP Integration "Your route exchange has failed. Resource Error"

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

SAP Integration "Your route exchange has failed. Resource Error"

Hi Developers,

I'm trying this SAP Hands On Tutorial on Thingworx 8.0.1-b39. I have a SAP Gateway - Demo System (ES5) and my account have access to "https://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/GWSAMPLE_BASIC/". I have the integration runtime properly configured and running.

In Step 3 the following are the parameters i have given (the username and password are properly given not as shown below):

• Generic Connector Connection Settings
      • Authentication Type = fixed
    • HTTP Connector Connection Settings
      • Username = <SAP Gateway user>
      • Password = < SAP Gateway pwd>
      • Base URL : https://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/sap
      • Relative URL : /opu/odata/IWBEP/GWSAMPLE_BASIC/
      • Connection URL : /opu/odata/IWBEP/GWSAMPLE_BASIC/$metadata

The following are the errors i observed :

• ValidateConnection 

Status Message ConnectorTemplate
    Failed
    Check logs for more details SAPODataConnector

• GetEndpointList

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@52e3b401][message: Unable to Invoke Service GetProductSet on ptc-SAP-OData-connector : Your route exchange has failed.  Resource Error [Connect to sapes5.sapdevcenter.com:443 [sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/155.56.38.41] failed: Connection timed out: connect]]

I'm suspecting the error is with this port sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/155.56.38.41 because i tested this URL ("https://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/155.56.38.41") in the browser and it returned "HTTP 404 - Not found" page.

Could you please point out where i might be going wrong.

Regards,

Saran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi developers,

I have found the root cause for this issue. It seems our internal network was blocking the port since i'm trying out with a external SAP system.

I connected to an external network and tried the same and got positive connection for the OData connector.

Regards,

Saran

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi developers,

I have found the root cause for this issue. It seems our internal network was blocking the port since i'm trying out with a external SAP system.

I connected to an external network and tried the same and got positive connection for the OData connector.

Regards,

Saran

Hi, Saran.

Thanks for letting us know what the solution was. Always worth it to check network configuration when there are communications issues.

If you're comfortable with this, please go ahead and mark your solution post as accepted, so others searching in the future with a similar problem can find it.

Thank you,

-- Craig A.

Top Tags