cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

SQL database connectivity issue (Thing [DatabaseController] is not running)

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

SQL database connectivity issue (Thing [DatabaseController] is not running)

While trying to connect to the SQL database from thingworx . saying Thing is not running . plz check attached configuration file. actual database is at local machine and running thingworx is at another Machine .thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pai, 

Thanks for reply , i tried with adding driver file to tomcat lib folder. it worked

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Thing not running would refer to this entity itself not the database you are trying to connect to.

Try doing disable / save / enable / save see if that helps at all.

Thanks for reply , I am unable to see any option like enable or disable the thing. would you explain little more .

shared screenshot , plz check it.

thanks

yes , i got the services enablething and disablething , executed . but still having same issue

It's just the checkbox on the General tab of the Entity.

I'm assuming your Database Thing is called DatabaseController?

If after an disable save enable save it still gives the same message, then likely something got corrupted?

Hi , 

I am using Thingworx Manufacturing Apps , trial version with 3 months , i didn't get Tomcat here can i install seperately and configure it with thingworx? if yes how?? in tomcat we need to add jdbc jar file , So need it

thanks

Tomcat is installed. 

the JDBC jar file, usually we install those with an extension.

Else they would go into the <thingworx>/WEB-INF folder

this might help for the jdbc.jar

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Using-a-third-party-Jar-file-for-Database-connection/td-p/514861

Hi Pai, 

Thanks for reply , i tried with adding driver file to tomcat lib folder. it worked

Great can you please mark this topic as solved? Thanks!

Top Tags