cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Scheduler thing does not invoke a service in the mashup

Duartefe
11-Garnet

Scheduler thing does not invoke a service in the mashup

Hi Everyone,

I created a scheduler thing which fire a service in subscription every day and in this service I just log a message to check if it is working.

I add this scheduler thing in my mashup with the service that just log the message and bind this service when the service invoke is completed with some others services that do many different things in my mashup.

The problem is: The scheduler thing is working properly because I can see the message that I put in service logged but the service is not being invoked in the mashup in order to fire others services.

What I am doing wrong? Please help me.

Thanks,

Felipe Duarte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

For my case would be impossible to call the services from Event Subscription since I have a lot services being called and those should call others and so on. I need to use the service invoked function.

Just to close this case, I managed that having a Boolean property where it change to true when the subscription runs and a Validator Widget that runs my initial services every time the property is true.

Maybe is not the best approach but I could not see how to run my services chain from Event Subscription in the order that it should run.

Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:Duartefe)

I think Scheduler service is running background and it's invocation has no effect to the service bound to your mashup.

Why can't you just modify the Scheduler service to call other services in Subscription?

Because it calls many services in different things. I do not think it will be possible and also, what would be the difference? It would calls one service but the another ones related to this first would not be invoked. I would have the same problem, right?

Thanks for reply.

Hi Everyone,

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

As pointed out by tkawasaki Scheduler Event it's fired on the background (server side), totally unrelated to browser based Mashups (Client Side).

You must call the desired services on the Event Subscription, that's all, and if this service calls other services (or other services has to be called) just add thouse services on the event subscription or on a Helper Service that does the desired job (at server side)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

For my case would be impossible to call the services from Event Subscription since I have a lot services being called and those should call others and so on. I need to use the service invoked function.

Just to close this case, I managed that having a Boolean property where it change to true when the subscription runs and a Validator Widget that runs my initial services every time the property is true.

Maybe is not the best approach but I could not see how to run my services chain from Event Subscription in the order that it should run.

Thanks everyone.

Top Tags