cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Send information via REST API from smartphone

ljam
9-Granite

Send information via REST API from smartphone

Spoiler

Hi,

I have a trial version Thingworx of 3 months installed on my computer. I downloaded and installed Httper APP on my smartphone and I´m trying to send information to thingworx via REST API but I can´t connect to Thingworx and the error message is: "Cannot access to the URL, check your connection and service provider"

I have connected smartphone and computer in the same network.

IP Computer= 192.168.1.22

IP Smartphone= 192.168.1.24

Port= 8080

This is the URL, headers and body:

Request method PUT

URL= http://192.168.1.22:8080/Thingworx/Things/DataLogger/Properties/Temperatura

Headers= AppKey= b2245650-d77e-4f8a-8dbb-4acbabf85230

Content-Type => application/json

Accept =>application/json

Body= {

"Temperatura": 34

}

Do I have something wrong? Could you help me with that?

Thank you in advance

BR

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes! Before doing REST API you need to ensure that Composer is accessible from your mobile browser.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ljam)

Within the mobile browser can you get to Thingworx? Like <Thingworx Server>/Thingworx/Things/Datalogger/Properties

ljam
9-Granite
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @PaiChung 

No, I can´t access within mobile browser.

Hello,

Then you need to check your computer's firewall settings -- looks like it doesn't allow incoming requests on port 8080.

/ Constantine

Hi,

I have opened port 8080 in my computer´s firewall settings but it still doesn´t work. Is it possible that my antivirus is blocking my conexion?

Thank you

-Luis

Yes! Before doing REST API you need to ensure that Composer is accessible from your mobile browser.

Top Tags