cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Send information via REST API from smartphone

ljam
9-Granite

Send information via REST API from smartphone

Spoiler

Hi,

I have a trial version Thingworx of 3 months installed on my computer. I downloaded and installed Httper APP on my smartphone and I´m trying to send information to thingworx via REST API but I can´t connect to Thingworx and the error message is: "Cannot access to the URL, check your connection and service provider"

I have connected smartphone and computer in the same network.

IP Computer= 192.168.1.22

IP Smartphone= 192.168.1.24

Port= 8080

This is the URL, headers and body:

Request method PUT

URL= http://192.168.1.22:8080/Thingworx/Things/DataLogger/Properties/Temperatura

Headers= AppKey= b2245650-d77e-4f8a-8dbb-4acbabf85230

Content-Type => application/json

Accept =>application/json

Body= {

"Temperatura": 34

}

Do I have something wrong? Could you help me with that?

Thank you in advance

BR

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes! Before doing REST API you need to ensure that Composer is accessible from your mobile browser.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ljam)

Within the mobile browser can you get to Thingworx? Like <Thingworx Server>/Thingworx/Things/Datalogger/Properties

ljam
9-Granite
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @PaiChung 

No, I can´t access within mobile browser.

Hello,

Then you need to check your computer's firewall settings -- looks like it doesn't allow incoming requests on port 8080.

/ Constantine

Hi,

I have opened port 8080 in my computer´s firewall settings but it still doesn´t work. Is it possible that my antivirus is blocking my conexion?

Thank you

-Luis

Yes! Before doing REST API you need to ensure that Composer is accessible from your mobile browser.

Top Tags