cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Set Description Field of the Thing property through a service dynamically for each thing

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Set Description Field of the Thing property through a service dynamically for each thing

Hello,

I have a ThingTemplate with 2 properties Suct_Press and Suct_Temp and there respective description is Suction Pressure and Suction Temperature.

I have created 2 things from the above template and for 1 thing i have to make suct_press and suct_temp property description to abc pressure and abc temperature.

For one more thing i have to modify the description to efg pressure and efg temperature.

So in short i have to override the description of the properties at the thing level keeping the default at the template level.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:sbt)

TWX doesn't have any services which let you change a thing's property description.  You can, however use SetDescription to change the thing's description.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sbt)

Hi @sbt.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags